Chapter 32

Vic’s POV

Three weeks isn’t that long if you really think about it. It’s just a week shy of a month, and a week longer than the Olympics. It’s 504 hours of endless possibilities and rumor has it that in three weeks you can form a habit, but I’m not sure if that’s really true.

The point is, depending on how you look at it, three weeks isn’t long at all.

However, I was in a different boat. It has been three weeks since Kellin has taken me back, three weeks since I’ve been living in San Diego, and three weeks since I’ve been feeling better about my life, for various reasons. It has also been the longest three weeks of my life. It’s felt like months, years even because of the simple fact that it is completely awkward between us.

I was still sleeping in the guest room and in the mornings we exchange small talk and ride to the office together. Obviously I was back working for my old boss. He was the one who put me up for the internship and coming back, he offered me the promise of a promotion in the near future, but that was beside the point. Now that our semester is over, Kellin and I are either at home or at the office, which meant we were spending a lot of time together. The problem was we just weren’t fixing ourselves.

The air is still tense and strange, but we can kiss and hug and even laugh a little here and there. I want so badly for things to go back to the way they were; it’s driving me mad with the fact that I can’t sleep with him in my arms, or kiss him the way I want to kiss him. I want to respect his boundaries and his wishes, but it kills me that we cannot go back yet.

That’s why I’ve been planning something for the past week. I want to push past this and I can see in the longing looks he gives me that he feels the same way, he’s just having a battle in his head on what to do. He feels like it’s too soon to forgive, but the longer we wait, the harder it is.

I sighed and dropped my pen on the desk in front of me. Not much else has changed around here. Jesse is kind of weird around me, too, but it’s nothing I can’t handle. He understands that I regret what I did and he knows that Kellin and I are working on things so he doesn’t treat me any differently than he did before I left. He’s just a little quieter.

I wanted to wait until our lunch break to talk to Kellin, but I couldn’t wait that long. Sitting here in this chair, glued to this desk was making me antsy. My leg kept bouncing up and down, my fingers tapping on literally anything I could get my hands on, and I did anything I could to take my mind off him. It felt like the break up all over again.

With that thought in mind I stood from my desk, straightened out my tie and made my way to the front of the building where Kellin's desk was located. I spotted him easily, pale hands knotted in raven hair as frustration took over him. As crazy as it was, I loved watching him work. He was passionate and it showed.

I made my way over to my boyfriend carefully, stopping when I reached the space beside him. I turned so my front would be facing him and cleared my throat to which he jumped at; the sudden sound startling him. When his eyes landed on me, he gave me a small smile before returning back to his work. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was upset with me but I knew.

"How can I help you?" He finally asked when he realized I wasn't leaving.

"Do you remember what we did on our first date?" I asked, probably seeming like out of the blue to him. I thought about it quite often, especially recently as it was one of my favorite memories of the two of us. My first date with him went down in history as the best first date I had ever been on. We had been seeing each other casually before I had the guts to ask him out officially, so on the date we already had such a strong connection. We learned more about each other and my feelings for him intensified.