6

*Marcy's POV*

        "I never should've met you," I said angrily at Bonnie. She stared at me with lines under her eyes. And that was the last thing I've ever said before leaving her forever.

        I stopped by a tree stump and sat on it, basically avoiding the sun's heat. Ugh, Bonnie isn't supposed to be meddling with my life. Mom is making me cry all over again. Grr, I hate my real dad! Simon is my REAL father, even though he just adopted me.

        But now, he's gone. He isn't really gone, he slipped away. His sanity had broken away.

        I understood that he needed the crown for us to survive the Mushroom War, but I just really miss him. And now, Bonnibel is messing with my life. I wish I hadn't met her. Oh, dad, why would you have to leave me? I want mommy back. 

        I can still feel her hugging and comforting me while nuclear bombs exploded everywhere in the war. She sang the lullaby that I used to love, basically keeping me asleep so not to worry. But back then, I didn't want to sleep. We were suffering, and dad left us. My mom knew that the stoned house wouldn't last us long. 

        When the nuclear bombs were almost clear, we ran to find a better shelter. Mom carried me and went fast as sounds of guns echoed behind us. What was that?

        When I looked behind me, I can see ghostly green smoke... toxic smoke. I knew that we won't survive that. Mom ran even faster, until she her foot got stuck in a deep hole, and it was hard to get it out. The toxic smoke was closing in, which almost surrounded my mother. Mom put me down. 

        "Marceline," mommy said hastily, "go!"

        Tears flooded my eyes. "Mom, please," I said regretfully. 

        The toxic smoke was now behind her back. "Just go," she said and gave a bittersweet smile. "Mommy will be okay, I promise!" 

        I nodded and ran, the toxic fumes killing my mortal mother. I sobbed while I ran. I looked behind me. 

        The toxic fumes were chasing me. I ran as fast as I could, ignoring the pain in my legs. It was very painful to run when you're still four years old, but I still ran. I saw a bunker right in front of me, and dove into it, safe from the fumes. Machine guns and bombs still boomed outside. 

        I cried and covered my ears. I closed my eyes. I'm all alone. 

        The war ended, and I went out of the bunker. I cried, and everything was in ruins. I muttered, "Daddy," since I really missed him a lot that day. That's when Simon came, and he just took care of me. But, that was three years ago. 

        I growled and punched the tree behind me. The tree had a big punch mark in its bark. I sighed, and then looked at Hambo. 

        "Ugh, what should I do," I asked him. "It's not Bonnie's fault I'm like this. Maybe I should apologize to -” 

        I heard screaming by the edge of the broken woods. Oh no, Bonnibel!