Chapter 13

*Bruno's POV*

I don't remember much over the span of the three days since I left the hospital. I had slept a lot and had weird dreams of Trevor admitting that he thought I was hot. Another dream of my little sister, Presley and Leonardo Dicaprio announcing their wedding engagement and even more scarier dream. I dreamt of Xena standing before me in the dark, I couldn't exactly tell where we were, but I knew it was outside. Her eyes glimmering with tears and her lower lip trembling.

"I can't see you again, Peter." She whispered sounding awful. I felt my heart drop and I tried to reach out to her, but I was paralyzed. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I swear I didn't want to, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry......"

I'd wake up panicked and scared, wondering if that had happened in real life or if it only happened in my head. I was tempted to call Xena, just assure myself that were in fact still together, but I didn't want to bother her as much. It's been three days, I don't want her to think I was ignoring her or that I was mad at her. It was things like this that reminded me about how fragile our relationship was. I felt as though it were a candle, and I was afraid that even the slightest disturbance would blow everything off. I think a "slight disturbance" was an understatement for what had happened three days ago. Besides, I missed her. I especially missed the soft skin between her thighs and the way she was able to slowly draw out the the only two syllables in my name.

I'm calling her.

In fear of bring even more pain to injured arm, I sit up in my bed carefully. I was literally about to swing my legs over the side of the bed, when my bedroom door burst open. The first thing I see is my mom. She sticks her head in with an all-too familiar smile on her face.

"You have a visitor." She says loftily as Xena walks appears in the door way, causing my heart to stop. Her hair is down and she's bare foot (probably because my mom had passively aggressively asked her to remove her shoes before entering the house) and wears a black Babydoll dress that stopped mid-thigh. I noticed she was holding a denim jacket. There was this soft, timid look on her face and her dark eyes had this glimmer like dew drops on grass. She looked so cute and adorable that I just wanted to hug her. We lock eyes and the air seemed to grow electric. I could feel the hearts growing in my eyes like a cartoon character as I stare at her.

Meanwhile, my mom is looking between us both and smiling. "I'll leave you two alone. " She walks out and closes the door behind her. As soon the door closes, I reach over to the cassette player on my bed side table and pressed play, just to be safe in case my mom was hiding behind the door. It's my dad's cassette, so naturally Baby Be Mine starts to play.

"Peter." She whispered. "Are you okay?"

"Lay with me." I ignore her question. Xena doesn't hesitate as she walks over and gently props herself on my bed, laying next to me. She sets her denim jacket on the opposite end of the bed, before wrapping an arm around me and burying her face in my chest. With my good arm, I wipe her hair out of face and play with it. "I thought you'd want to break up with me."

"You know I'd never."

"I know. I miss you." I whisper.

"I'm right here." She murmured.

"We should go out, like normal couples." I offer.

"We're not really normal."

"Can we just pretend to be normal then?"

"Does your mom hate me?"

The questions throws me off guard for a moment and I stop playing with her hair. "What?"

She looks up at me, her eyes inky with dread. "Your mom. Does she think it's my fault."

"No." I answer almost immediately. "Baby, no-"