Chapter 4

Chapter 4
*Bruno's POV*

I woke up the next morning and looked at my alarm clock to see it was eleven-forty. I rolled out of bed, and stumbled into the bathroom. I washed my face (and by wash, I meant I just threw a handful of water onto my face) and brushed my teeth. I heard my mom talking on the phone downstairs and my sisters talking amongst themselves. I rushed into my room and threw on my swim trunks and a white t-shirt laying on the ground. I grabbed my guitar, put in its case, and jogged down stairs.

"And where do you think you're going?" My dad called as I was making my way towards the door.

"I'm going to the beach with Kayla."I reply back. "I already told mom.

"Are you gonna eat breakfast?" My mom asked.

"Nah, I'm not really hungry." I was way to excited to talk to Xena again to even eat.

"If you don't eat, you're not gonna grow ." My mom warned me, but I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine with that, but thanks mom."

"Do you need a ride?"

"No, I'll walk." I tell her. Kayla and I lived a block away from each other, so driving would be pretty much useless.

"You be safe!" My mom yells at me and I open the front door.

"Don't do anything you wouldn't want me to know about!" My dad also shouts. I close the front door and walk briskly to Kayla's house.

I wanted to see Xena so bad, but I felt a little awkward after yesterday. And ashamed-very, very ashamed. Xena probably was offended that I hadn't even bothered to know her name before.

My mom had always told me before that I would like Delphine's daughter, and now I do. I hoped Xena had some sort of interest in me, cause I know I did.

I arrived at Kayla's house and saw that her garage was open and her van in the driveway. Ethan and Chloe were in the front while Xena and Kayla sat in the back.

"It's about time!" Kayla screeched through the open car window. "Bruno, what the hell took you so long? And put that big ass guitar of yours in the trunk!"

"Relax!" I open the trunk, and place my guitar carefully. "I have to stay looking fresh!"

"Why would you even bring your guitar!" Kayla continues to nag. "We're going to the beach not Woodstock!"

I ignore her and open the car door. I slide in and sit next to Xena. I close the car door and look up at her with a smile.

"Hey." I say simply, with a grin. She was wearing sunflower print shorts and a white strapless shirt. Her skin looked so soft and smooth that I just wanted to touch her. She looked so perfect, it was unbelievable. Xena flashed me a half-smile.

"Hey." She replied. We continue to smile at each other, before I notice Kayla giving us both a weird look.

While we're driving to the beach, Ethan starts to talking to Xena.

"So Xena, how's New Orleans." Ethan says over his should, while driving the car.

"Great." Xena smiles. "Especially Mardi Gras."

"Why did you leave from Hawaii?" Ethan asks, and the smile on the Xena's face dissolves into sheer panic.

"I just wanted to spend sometime with my brother." Xena mumbles, looking at her shoes. "But he started a family recently, so I had to move back with my mom."

Suddenly we take a sharp turn, and Chloe screams. I lurch onto Xena and I put my hand on her thigh accidentally to steady myself.

"What the hell, Ethan!" I shout as I go back to my normal position, except my hand stays on Xena's thigh. She doesn't notice though because she's shocked by Ethan's erratic driving.