Dead Maitlands

A women sits in a chair in a living room as a fire begins to light in the fire place. She is short and has pale (S/C). Her hair is (H/C) and is curled. She is wearing a long sleeve black shirt and black pants. She is drinking something in a wineglass.

   The door opens. Adam and his wife, Barbra, walk into their house. "Perfect start to our vacation," Barbra says as the two walk into their living room.

   "You'll feel better when you're dry," Adam says to his wife taking her hand.

   "That fire wasn't burning when we left." Adam takes Barbra's arm as they walk in front of the fireplace.

"I don't know. It feels frozen." Barbra and Adam watch as Barbra's hands catch fire and she puts them out.

   "I'll make some coffee and you get wood for the fire," the women says setting down the newspaper she was looking at.

   The couple turns around looking at her. "How did you get in here?"

   "Oh, I don't know magic?" the women replies smiling.

   "What's your name?" Adam asks.

   "I'm Lilith," She says smiling.

   "Lilith?" Barbra says. "Lilith? Li-"

   "AHH! Watch the L word!" Lilith says. "My friends call me (Y/N)."

   "Oh?"

   "Maybe you should take things extra slow. Do you remember how you got back here?"

   "I'm going back to that bridge and retrace our steps," Adam says

   Lilith disappears.

~~~

   In a dark place a man is singing. "Do-do. Dodo-do," he sings. He has candles everywhere and lots of papers that say things along the lines of "Betelgeuse the Bio-Exorcist!" He is reading the paper that Lilith had earlier.

   "Damn sandworms. Well I better find a job, business section," he turns to the business section where the Maitlands photo is on the page with a description of how they died. "What have we got here? The Maitlands? Cute couple, look nice and stupid too."

~~~

   "Delia Deetz, welcome home," A tall man with blonde hair says to a ginger women.

   "Charles!" She screaches.

   "Ow my ears are going to bleed listening to that women," (Y/N) replies leaning against the banister next to the Maitlands who where watching  the commotion going on in their house.

   "It's okay, there's no damage. See? Good, sturdy, country craftsmanship," Charles says as the moving men bring in some things. As he's talking a few men bring in a box with a girl no older then sixteen, she's wearing all black, much like (Y/N), and has a camera. 

   "Opp- better stay away from that little monster," (Y/N) smiles at the couple.

   "What do you think, honey?" Charles asks the girl.

   "Delia hates it. I could live here," she says looking at the spider that had made a web on the banister.

   The Maitlands and (Y/N) step into another room. "Is this a punishment? What are we going to do?" Barbra tells the other two.

   "You're not completely helpless. If you've been reading that book, there's a word for people in your situation. Ghosts!" (Y/N) replies as she picks at her nails then disappears around the corner. 

   "She seems to help us but she disappears so fast," Adam says.