Chapter 1

"Mother, do we really have to kill him?" John asked, his ruffled black hair shown in the light. His mother, Volcan looked at him with a surprised glance.

"What's gotten into you today? Usually, you wouldn't even to give it a second thought before murdering them."She asked and John shook his head.

"It's not that-- It's just..." He muttered, scratching at his coal-black hair in frustration. "Can't we torture him some more? Letting him die is too much of mercy to his soul." He growled at the messy blond-haired man, he was gagged and tied up but he could see how evil this woman and this kid was. Tears were streaming down his face, John could clearly see the fear in his eyes and he liked it. It brought a smirk to John's face.

Volcan smiled, "Now, Now, maybe later but right now is not the time." She said, her gun aimed at the blond man, who was wide-eyed and shaking his head violently as if saying no. He desperately tried to talk but the gag in his mouth made it hard. She quickly cocked her gun and shot him before John tried to change her mind, he fell onto to the floor, lifelessly.

John wasn't satisfied but he obeyed his mother. He was too cold, harsh, and bitter. He's worse than his mother. But, he likes it that way.

Sighing, he picked up the bottle of gasoline and poured all around the man's body as his mother walked to the doorway. Murders in this secluded area were not uncommon. Civilians are used to living with fear, but they were helpless. All of them make bad choices as an attempt to feed their family or themselves, but they can't get themselves out of debt, or they angered someone and they aren't able to save themselves.

It's a depressing place really.

He walked beside his mother as she threw the match on the floor, which was completely wet with gasoline. He stared at the flames, waving and dancing. "You're cruel." He suddenly said, "Killing him like that wasn't worth it." He muttered with a pout.

"Well, what can I say? He's just a waste of time." Volcan grinned and they both walked out of the basement. The air was cold and he rubbed his hands, trying to create warmth.

"Okay fine, I get that, but like, couldn't we have tortured him a little more? Besides, you already have your hands dirty..."He mumbled. "I wanted to get my hands dirty today as well." He adjusted the sun glasses on his face and pouted, crossing his arms. 

"Next time, alright? Next time." She said, patting his head, he didn't want to opey his mother but he nodded like a good boy anyways.

***

Arlo glares at one of the low tiers, who somehow managed to make a scratch on him. The low tier gulped, within a second, Arlo already had him kneeling onto the floor. He was mad, that a measly low tier had even touched him.

He was slacking off, he could almost hear his tutor talk to his aunt and uncle about him. He was supposed to be better than everyone here, besides the ace, for he was the king. A well respected king that was supposed to a role model. 

The other low tiers stared at him, they were terrified out of their minds and didn't want to even take a step forward. Who's idea was it to try and over throw the king again? They were weak, they couldn't possibly take the role away from him. They were to stupid to try anything.

It was a waste of time. The low tiers didn't know what to say, but they didn't expect the king to walk away just like that without punishing the rest of the cripple gang. They ran over to help their cripple friend.

Arlo lets out a deep sigh, he leaned against the wall and tried to recall his thoughts again. He needs to be more focused, if he's going to skip class, then he has to be good at fighting. Or he is just a waste of space.