Chapter 9

"Hey, Arlo," John knocked on his room door again, "I'm here again." He said with a small smile on his face. In his hand is a bag of sweets and in the other is a horror movie that Arlo really wanted to watch for sometime.

The door creaked open, oh dear. Arlo looks tired. John walked inside, patting Arlo's head slowly.

"Here, I bought some food for you." He said softly, placing the bad of sweets onto his desk, "And I have the movie you wanted to watch so badly." He grins. John can't see anything when Arlo closes the door, his eyes haven't adjusted to the darkness in Arlo's room.

John finds it a little humid in here and decides to open the window to let some breeze inside. "Don't." Arlo softly said, causing John to freeze.

"Why not? You need some fresh air, Arlo." John crossed his arms.

"Mmm... okay then." Arlo slowly muttered, he was pulling the blanket up to cover his eyes.

John opened the window, he pushed forward to stare outside. It's so bright and colourful, pedestrians walking the street, and the light scent of flowers. John was getting a little annoyed with this side of Arlo, blaming everything on himself.

John pulled the blanket annoyingly off of Arlo, startling him.

Arlo squinted at the bright light. "Arlo, stop that. You have to go out some day, so let's start today." He gave a smile. "Want to go to the mall instead of watching the movie?"

Arlo gave it a little thought. "...Okay. You're right, I can't stay in my room like this. Let's go." Arlo sighed and pushed himself out of bed.

"Okay, I'll be outside when you're finished." John smiled, walking out of Arlo's room. Arlo nodded back and pulled the blinds together. He started to change out of his clothes and into something more casual.

His eyes landed on the bag of sweets. He opened the bag to different kinds of candies that he was told not to eat nor buy. He pulled out a circle on a stick. The wrapper was pretty, he looked at the other ones.

Peach flavored?

Mango flavored?

Grapes flavored?

There's so much different kinds. He pulled out a blue wrappered one. Huh, blue. Kind of like what he is feeling... Blue berries? He chuckled.

Reminded him of Elaine. He remembered that Elaine liked him, but he turned her down. Would it have changed if they started dating? He placed it back into the bag, this feeling of regret needs to be tucked away.

He tied the bag together, and kept the ones he wanted to eat. Strawberries, he assumed. As he walked out the door, he unwrapped it. He poped it into his mouth and walked to outside his dorm.

It's sweet honestly, a little too sweet for his liking. If his aunt was here, she would be yelling at him for eating something she told him not to.

Well, Arlo realized exactly how caged he was. He had a certain life planned out for him without any way out. He twisted the candy in his mouth by the stick, oh.

This isn't half bad.

He walked out of the building to see John, with his back towards him, he assumed that he was staring at his phone or something. He walked closer, and gave him a little shove. "Wh-- what the fuck, Arlo?" John snapped, startled. He glared at Arlo.

"It's what you get after scaring me back there." Arlo sighed, he rummaged through his his pocket. Arlo pulled out a lolipop at random, "Oh, is this banana flavored?" He handed it to John.

He stared at the wrapper, "Uh-- no. It's lemon." John said. He tucked his phone into his pocket. "Is this for me?" Arlo nodded.

"Well, it's only fair since you bought it." Arlo shrugged. "Let's go." He said and pulled John along. John unwrapped the candy and stuck it into his mouth. He shuddered and pulled it out.