Chapter 16

John rushes home, he reaches into his drawer and pull out his mother and his savings. There was a lot, since they have been working in this organization for quite some time. He already bought the plane tickets before hand.

He rushes to pack everything but freezes midway, he's not ready to leave though.

He glances around his den. Oh, he didn't realize how pretty this place was until he actually looked. Plants, his mother really liked flowers, were everywhere. It was a really good supply of oxygen.

His mother recommened that he should keep a plant in his room, but the moment he got it, he yanked it out of it's pot and killed it. That's how his mother stopped giving him plants.

He doesn kind of admit, there was a few flowers that caught John's attention. Blue ones, yellow ones, and purple ones. He liked them, and he also liked roses. He really wanted to bring his whole house and garden with him, but he couldn't.

There was multiple different pictures of them together, but-- there was one frame that he liked the most. It was him as a little child. His mother was especially fond of this picture or some reason John never knew about.

That, he brought with him.

He packed his stuff into two suitcases before he walked out to Arlo's car, already parked, waiting for John. Arlo just borrowed his aunt's car and she said yes, because it was John. She already knew who John was to Arlo, his tutor that helped him get perfect grades, not boyfriend.

Officer Eleanor and a couple other police officers wanted to ask John some question, but Arlo told them that he's not at the dorm with him. That John left the minute he entered without telling Arlo where he would go.

The officers searched his dorm and eventually bought it. They left and John came back, a little shaken up but Arlo comforted him. He told John, that it was okay and he shouldn't worry.

John smiled and believed it.

Today, was the day that John left for his flight to England. He was really, sad about it too. Arlo promised to take care of John's house for him and he got John's spare key. John and Arlo arrived at the airport, while John got ready for his flight.

Since they arrived early, Arlo stayed with John until he had to leave for check up. "Don't forget me okay?" John asked, holding Arlo's hand. He was trembling a little, and a little teary.

Arlo chuckled, "Of course not! Do you know how much you mean to me?" He smiled at John, who felt his face blush.

"No." John smiled, he knew, but he wanted Arlo to say it directly to him. Say it, Arlo.

Arlo grinned, "You mean everything to me, John." He said, wiping John's tears away with his thumb.

John smiled, of course. Of course he is. John saw that it was time for him to go, since he didn't want to be late. "Bye." He whispered before sharing one last kiss with Arlo. It was bittersweet, it was so good when they kissed, but so bad when he parted.

Arlo could feel his face flush, before he pulled away, "Bye." He waved at John, who smiled at Arlo, and picked up his luggages. Arlo could feel his heart ache a little when he stared at John's back as he went.

That's when John turned around, and gave one last bright smile before he left. Arlo wanted John to stay-- no, he shouldn't be so clingy. So, he went home. He needed to finish up his studies before he left for England to meet John!

That's what he set his path of. To graduate and meet John, and possibly go to college together! That's what he wanted, and that was what he was going to get! He was determined.