Chapter 7

John's at Arlo's dorm, still helping him study for the uncoming test in history. They were reciting the information when Arlo felt kind of sick. He closed his eyes a little and John noticed that there was something wrong.

"...Okay, time for rest. Let's go out for some fresh air." John sighed, getting up from Arlo's bed.

"What? Now?" Arlo asked, "But we just started!"

"It's good for your health so let's go!" He said, pulling Arlo up from his chair by his hands. "I'll buy you ice cream." He sighed. Arlo never tried any ice cream since his aunt forbade him from eating any cold stuff.

He followed John out of the dormitories and out onto the street with lingering people. Arlo tucked his hands in his jean pockets and followed John. He brought Arlo to an ice cream stand where they got their food. As promised, John paid and brought Arlo to a park near by.

They settled down on a bench. "Just eat it Arlo, you don't have to stare at it like that." John sighed. Arlo was eyeing it like some foreign item that he's never seen before.

Arlo glared at John to shut up. "Quiet! I will eat it sooner or later."

"No, you have to eat it now. Or it's gonna melt." John licked at his popsicle. Unlike Arlo, he didn't want ice cream in a cone, he prefered a popsicle on a stick better.

"Okay, okay." Arlo rolled his eyes. He stared at the ice cream intensely. John wanted to shove his head forward so his face would run right into the ice cream. John chuckled and looked away. "What are you laughing about?"

"Oh, don't worry about it." He waved off.

Today was a pretty chill day, but it was a little hot for John, he fanned at his face with his hand.

Arlo finally gave it a try and instantly jerked his head back in shock. John turned to him. "It's-- it's cold." He slowly said, in shock and disbelief.

"Of course? It's called ice cream for a reason." Arlo glared at John.

"Comforting." He scoffed.

"The hell? You needed to be comforted by that?" He turned his attention to the sky as Arlo began trying to poke at the cold sweet. He pull at his shirt, trying to create a breeze. "Gosh, why is it so hot...?" He asked.

"No, it's not." Arlo shook his head in denial.

"Uh, Yes, it is."

"You have a popsicle."

"So? It's still hot." John shrugged.

Arlo sighed, "Well-- you know what's not hot?"

"Hm? What?"

"Your ugly-ass hair gel." Arlo sneered.

In all honesty, John didn't really like his hair gel anyways. Maybe he should dump all his hair gel somewhere. He probably doesn't even need these anymore anyways--

Arlo's screech caught him off guard, "WHAT THE FUCK?!" He screamed, jumping up from his seat.

It startled John  so much that he almost choke on his popsicle. "What? What?" John asked, coughing a little.

"God, it's so cold what the fuck?" Arlo threw his ice cream onto the floor. The ice cream had melted and dripped onto his hand.

"What the heck????" You wasted my money! If you didn't want it, you could have given it to me!" John whined, "And, I told you to eat it, what the heck!? It started to melt because you took too long!"

Arlo licked the melted ice cream off his fingers, "I'll just pay you back!" he sighed, John was making such a big deal out of this.

"Hmph. You're cleaning that up." He laid an arm over the backrest as he laid back down. After a little arguing, Arlo finally cleaned it up. Taking care of Arlo is so painful. John left to buy another popsicle as he went to wash his hands in the washroom in the park.