Chapter 6

A/N: I AM BACK!

-----

"Who are you?" I exclaimed, raising my eyebrow. The guy chuckled and sat beside me, violating the personal space rule. I moved to the edge of the bench and uncomfortably sat there, not sure what to say next.

"And here I thought you knew everyone at school, since you are the friendliest person in town." The guy exclaimed as he blow his gum and popped it with his tongue. Gross. Super gross.

"Friendly? That word has been removed from my vocabulary." The guy chuckled at my response and he extended his arms to me.

"The name's Alec." I raised my eyebrow. So, this guy just appeared out of nowhere and now he wants to be friends with me? What a creep but he seems nice.

I think he read my face because he raised his hands up, like some sort of guilty criminal. "Okay, fine. I know you are still mad about what happened last week between you and Felicia but--"

"Wait, how did you knew about what happened between me and Felicia? I thought that is confidential." Alec gave me an unamused look. He fished his phone from his hoodie pocket and showed me a screenshot.

What the actual flip? First, she's being a sociopath and now she's trying to win people's sympathy? How pathetic. Alec, maybe he's just sympathizing me. I glanced over to Alec. Our eyes met for a split second but I felt like it was for an eternity.

I shook my head and pushed the phone to Alec. "Why are you here? Why did you came out of nowhere? Are you just here to pity me? If you are, I don't need your pity." I stood up.

And here I was thinking he had real intentions to befriend me. "Funneh, wait! I really wanted to be your friend!" I turned around to face him, giving him the cold stare.

"Is that true? Because I am not playing games here." He nodded, then he flashed me a smile. A simple, yet heart- melting smile.

Stop it, Funneh! No more positive emotions! I rolled my eyes at Alec. I guess I had to keep him company now. "I'm leaving."

I sighed to myself as I walk away from Alec. You weren't supposed to make friends anymore, self. Stop making dumb decisions that you will regret later on.

"Hey wait!" I turned around. Alec jogged towards me and he grab my hand. He started dragging me into the woods of the park where barely no one goes since the woods connects to the forest where most wild animals live.

"Wait! Where are we going?!" He didn't respond. Is he trying to--"Don't worry, I won't do anything to you."

He came into a halt and I was in awe at the sight of the place. Birds were occasionally flying around and chirping; there's a small pond in the middle that is crystal clear and you can see fish swimming in it.

"I always come here when I'm sad or feeling emo. This place is a stress reliever for me and I hope it will help you with whatever you are going through right now." He plopped on the grass and I followed him, the grass slightly tickling my bare legs.

"Can I trust you?" I shook my head. Stop it, Funneh. You just met him and now you are immediately trusting him? Don't be stupid.

"Only you can answer that." I laid on the grass. I guess his right. "My sister and I had an argument earlier. I said mean things to her and now, she's keeping it to herself. I know I should apologize to her but I can't find myself to do it. I'm afraid she won't forgive me."

There was silence. Comforting silence. "I'm sure she will forgive you. Have you tried confronting her?" I shook my head. "Then go give it a try. There's no harm in trying, right?"

I hid my head between my legs. There's no harm in trying, huh? I wonder who also said that?

"There is no harm in trying, right?"

That's right. The guy from middle school. The guy who wants to be my friend even though I always try to push him away. Now that I think about it, he and Alec looked the same. Should I ask Alec? Maybe some other time. For now, I need to talk to Rainbow and apologize.

"Thanks, Alec.." I stood up. "I'll come by here often, see you around!" I gave him my first smile since a week ago as I ran back home, hoping Rainbow will forgive me.

-----

"Funneh, you're back!" Gold happily greeted as I change from my outside shoes to my inside slippers. "Yeah. Where's Rainbow?"

"She's in her bedroom, probably finishing her office work." I nodded to Gold's reply. I walked quickly to Rainbow's room, which is the only bedroom downstairs located between the living room and the dining room.

I had to admit. My palms were all sweaty and my heart beats faster than normal. I hope she's not that mad. I knocked on her door and waited for a minute but there was no response.

Worry washed over me. What is she got depressed about what I said? I twisted the doorknob and as I enter the room, I saw the messiest room ever and Rainbow standing in the corner, with a sharp blade in her hands.