iii. three

Hayley made her way to the cafeteria with her bag hanging by her shoulders.

She scanned the room filled with hungry teenagers stuffing their faces with whatever food this school had to offer.

With her peripheral vision, she sees the lilac haired boy waving his hand around to catch Hayley's attention.

“Hurry up, Hayley!” Calum hollered.

Hayley smiles, squeezing through three-fourths of the school population.

As she nears their table, she sees her three of her closest friends scrunching up their faces with confusion.

She raises her eyebrows and slowly made her way to her usual spot beside Allison.

The three still had the uneasy look on their faces, which is making Hayley feel uncomfortable.

Hayley notices Allison nudging closer to Calum as he wraps a protective arm around her.

Michael on the other hand, was just using his phone.

"Okay seriously guys, what is up with you today?" Hayley snaps, her fist landing on the table.

Calum coughs uneasily. "Hay, I think you have some company with you."

Calum points somewhere behind Hayley.

The brunette spins around on her seat, her eyes landing on two pairs of blue eyes.

"Oh."

"Hello Hayley." Luke and Robert said at the same time.

The two of them squeezed into the booth and say beside Hayley.

"Uhm, I didn't know you guys were invited?" Allison squeaked.

"They weren't. But now that they’re here there’s nothing really wrong with that right?” Hayley said.

Allison nodded slowly.

Calum looked at his girlfriend, eyes swimming with worry.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

Allison looked up to Calum. "I don't know, it's kind of creepy that they're twins and they greeted Hayley at the same time."

Calum chuckled. "Kind of like watching a horror movie right?"

Allison hushed him as Calum laughed.

“I just heard a rumor about them alright? It’s freaky.” Allison mumbled.

Calum gestured for her to continue and say the mentioned rumor.

“I’ll tell you later.” She mouthed, Calum nodding as a response.

The couple then turned their attention back to the twins.

"So.." Michael dragged.

"I'm Michael, this is Calum and Allison, and I suppose you guys have met Hayley." He said, pointing to each of his friends.

"Nice to meet you." Robert and Luke said at the same time again before turning their attentions to the school's horrible lunch offering.

Michael stared at them, waiting for them to say their names.

Hayley notices this look and cuts off Michael, as he was about to speak.

"Yeah, if you guys are going to ask for their names, don't even try because they're not going to tell."

Michael gives the twins a weird look but nods anyways.

The six of them then continued to eat their lunch in awkward silence.

Until Calum stood up from his seat.

"Michael you son of a bitch, I won the bet!" He said, voice laced with excitement as he suddenly remembered something.

"What?" Hayley, Allison, and the Hemmings said.

"Fuck." Michael muttered.

"I am not going to do it, Calum."

"What bet are you guys talking about?" Allison asks.

Calum finally sat down.

"This morning, we didn't know if the Hemmings twins were actually twins or if there's only one Hemmings. I said they were twins but then Michael, on the other hand, said that there was only one Hemmings."

"And?"

"Who ever loses will have to remove his shirt and wave it around the air, and then run around the cafeteria singing a song of the winner's choice."

"Oh you're in deep shit, Michael." Hayley says, laughing.

“This is why we do not make bets with Calum Thomas Hood, no matter what.”

"Cal, is there any other way? I can give you money if you want." Michael begged.

Calum stood his ground and shook his head.

"As much as I would like to get your money, a deal is a deal."

Michael sighed in defeat, taking of his shirt.

The people beside our table wolf-whistled while the other girls are just fanning themselves because we all know for a fact that Michael is very toned.

"Now Michael, I want you to sing Rude by Magic." Calum said.

Michael just nods and flipped Calum off.

The lilac haired boy then took off and ran across the cafeteria with his shirt up in the air.

"Why you got to be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too?" He sang loudly, jumping on top of the freshmen’s table.

One of the freshmen fell out of her seat due to the shock that Michael caused.

Calum, Allison, Hayley, Robert, and Luke were just laughing their asses off.

The other students were just playing along and were laughing at Michael as he makes a fool of himself thanks to Calum.

"I'm gonna marry her anyway, marry that- oh fuck!" Michael shouted, followed by a loud bang.