A Snapshot of Us

"Di... wake up."

Incoherent mumbling, pouty grumbling, shuffling of resistant feet under the cover.

"We have a photoshoot today."

A long arm suddenly shot up and pulled the cover over them even as the other arm snatched around her waist and pulled her against the heated length of his body.

"We should just stay in bed all day."

"We can't – we have to work today."

"Five more minutes then."

She tried to extract herself from his tight embrace but the sudden feel of warm lips on top of her head completely disarmed her and she found herself snuggling closer. Just a little bit.

"You said five more minutes about twenty minutes ago."

"I didn't say that. You must be dreaming."

A smack to his arm.

"Fine, then I must be dreaming."

She somehow managed to pull the cover out from his firm grip and sunlight filtered over them again. He groaned. She bit back a smile.

"Makeup and hair will take a couple of hours. We need to get up now."

He burrowed himself deeper under the pillow. "Maybe for you, but it won't take that long for me."

"Why not?"

He finally peeked out at her. "Have you seen this face?"

It was her turn to groan as she pushed the pillow further down on his head. "Well, we can't all be that naturally pretty, can we?"

She was joking but he suddenly bolted upright, a serious look dawning on his face.

"You are prettier than I am."

She shot him a look. He playfully amended his statement even though he truly believed he was right the first time around.

"You are almost prettier than I am."

She giggled and his heart warmed – there it was... his favorite sound in the morning.

"I think we should just stay in pajamas all day. They seem like a laidback magazine, they probably won't mind."

She rolled her eyes. "You know they have a $15,000 houndstooth jacket they're going to put on you today, right? Pajamas won't do."

"But I like my pajamas. I want to wear them all day."

"You can't."

"You don't like my pajamas?"

"No."

"Is that why you wouldn't let me wear them last --"

"Hush!" she admonished as her hand plastered over his mouth.

"Mahuisliamhaifavoeuwfy."

Her hand lifted the tiniest of bit. "What?"

"I said you made us sleep your favorite way."

"You mean your favorite way?"

A sly smile broke across his face. "Our favorite way."

She slapped a feather pillow down on his shoulder and threw her arms pleadingly around him. "Can we go now, please?"

"You're the one that wouldn't let me sleep last night. How am I supposed to look good with only four hours of sleep?"

"You wouldn't let me sleep either!"

"There were better things to do than sleep." He smiled at her and she blushed. Hard.

She tugged him up and stopped him from flopping back on his back. "Come on!"

He reluctantly dragged himself out of bed.

He never could say no to her.

***

A few hours later...

"You want us to wear what?"

The stylist handed over a set of silk pajamas to her.

"I thought we were doing a high fashion shoot."

"We are, but we thought it would be nice to capture your youth as well."

A snort sounded suspiciously behind her and she spun around to glare at him. He merely cocked his head, raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, and shot her his signature "I told you so" smirk. She threw a pillow at him. He threw one back at her. The crew quickly removed all feathered pillows within their vicinity lest an unexpected pillow fight broke out before they could even shoot.

Kuan and Xi Ze looked back and forth between the two of them, then amusedly at each other, before mutually shrugging. The more things changed, the more they stayed the same.

She sighed as he happily put on his pajamas and motioned for her to do the same.

Why did he always get his way?

He reached out to help button her pajama top and she couldn't help but gaze up at him. He smiled down at her, his eyes warm and soft and intimate, and she found herself smiling back at him.

Oh, right.

That was precisely why.

Dylan: "I always get what I want

Dylan: "I always get what I want."

Yue: "Whatever. I'm so tired of looking at him. Please take him away."

***

Author's Note:

Just some random ramblings because I'm still pretty much incoherent over the gifts that Icon keeps giving us... seeing F3 together again with Yue... my heart is happy. 💕

Also, I swear that our girl threw our boy an apologetic hug after playfully smacking him with a pillow... those ridiculous smiles... but they are not close. 🙄

As always - keep the faith, friends! 💜💛

J.