•s e v e n•

•c h a p t e r~s e v e n•

     "I'm going to go grab a drink," I stand on my tip-toes, placing a kiss on Hades' cheek as I excuse myself from the group of men.

He sends me an apologetic look as I saunter away, and I give him an understanding smile in return.

"Excuse me, misth?" Startled by the sudden voice and unseen person, I glance around me confusedly.

"Misth!" A tug on my dress pulls my attention to the small child that was looking up at me with a missing toothed smile.

I crouch as gracefully as I could in the ball gown, careful not to teeter back or lose my balance.

"Yes?"

The small girl giggles, "Are you the Queen?"

I nod, a smile growing on my face. "I suppose I am."

Her green eyes light up with excitement and she squeals, grabbing my fingers with her small hand. "I want to be a Queen one day!"

I giggle, my heart warming. "Well first," I pretend to have a crown, "Kneel, little one."

She lets out a small giggle as she kneels, her little dress pooling around her.

I place the imaginary crown on her small head, "You have to be a princess first. And that you are."

I offer her my hand and she takes it, her other hand held out to balance herself.

"Thank you, Queen Sthamira! I'm Queen now!" She turns, running to a woman who nodded at me thankfully with a smile on her face. "Mommy I'm a Queen!"

A nostalgic feeling washed over me and my chest begins to ache, and I place my hand on my belly before shaking my head, ridding myself of my thoughts.

When we're ready.

"I always knew you'd be good with kids."

I freeze, my hand suspended mid-air as I reach for a champagne flute.

The person walks around me, in my line of vision. His dark brown eyes that once shone brightly are now dull, and something related to a storm brewed behind them.

I slowly bring my hand to my side before releasing the breath I didn't know I was holding. "Jacob? What're you doing here?

¥Hades¥

If I had said that I couldn't wait to go home and sleep, that would be an understatement.

As irresolute as it would sound if said out loud, simply because I am King of The Underworld, I couldn't wait to sleep and have my beloved in my arms.

"...and it's honestly absolutely ridiculous. These mortals are completely spineless, they're just sheep. And not only that, they're cheap and they will do anything for something minuscule."