•f o u r t e e n•

I wake with a start, the ceiling coming into my line of view

I wake with a start, the ceiling coming into my line of view. The curtains to the balcony windows are open, the moon light shining through.

I pat the area beside me, feeling nothing but silk sheets. Turning my head towards it slowly, my heart drops as I realize Hades isn't in bed and hasn't been for a while. The area was still perfectly set.

Slowly, I sit up and take a few breaths through my nose and out my mouth, before setting my feet on the cool carpeted floor.

"Hm.." I groan groggily, wrapping myself in a robe before leaving to the kitchen.

I pass by the garden, only to reverse my steps as something catches my eye.

The usual glowing flowers suddenly look dull, as if being drained of life. I rush out the doors, my hair flying into my face as the wind whips around me.

My eyes adjust to the darkness, and I can see a figure sitting near the woods, it's hair flowing down into the grass below.

I freeze in place, my breath stuttering as the figure stands, turning around.

Standing there completely still, we both gaze at one another. Until I broke the ice, taking a step towards it.

The figure darts off into the forest surrounding the palace, and without a second thought, I take off with it.

My vision slowly becomes distorted as my footsteps become heavier, but I push it all away. The figure slowly slips out of my vision and I curse out loud as darkness blankets my pupils. I slowly drop to the ground, my breaths coming out sharp and harsh.

I feel a pull, a string thrumming with energy that directs back to the flowers of the garden. I force myself off the ground, marching back into the direction of the palace doors. A small ache begins to thump in the middle of my head and I rub it tenderly, a sigh leaving my lips.