•e i g h t•

•c h a p t e r~e i g h t•

     "I-I'm so sorry for not asking more questions. I-I p-promise-"

Faulana stutters, her large honey colored eyes wide in fear.

"You didn't know how to help, and you listened to who was in charge at the time. It's okay, I promise." I laugh softly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Her eyes gazed at me the same way they did when she had attempted to stop me from escaping, with hesitance and fear.

"Your highness,"  She bows before scuttling off, her red hair flowing behind her.

Cold hands grip my hips, pulling me back into a cooler toned body.

Sparks erupt, sliding up and down my body in a slight rhythm.

I lean back, my eyes close as I feel lips brush against my neck.

"How's planning going?" He whispers, my skin flaring with goosebumps instantly.

I sigh as my body settles into deep relaxation, completely overtaken by the feelings that spread through me.

"It's going..but it's even better now that you're here."

He chuckles, his chest rumbling against my back. "Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you my love. I won't be staying long."

At this I frown, a pout most likely on my face. I swivel around, my gaze meeting his bright blue eyes.

"Why not?"

He smiles, one hand leaving my hip to pull at my lip. "Stop that. I'll be back soon." He leans down to kiss me, but I pull my head back.

"Where are you going? Without me, specifically."

A disapproving look crosses over his face before he stands up straight, his hands releasing me. "I have a meeting with the hunter, and a few more God's. Felix, Desa, and Ares will all be there."

Oh, goody. Just bring the whole fuckin squad except for me.

I cross my arms, scowling. "Okay, and what about me? Why am I never involved in these things, Hades? I'm supposed to sit here and look pretty and-"

"And to perform your duties here as Queen." He interrupts.

I raise an eyebrow speculatively, "Yeah, and what are those?"

His mouth twitches as he makes a 'tsk' noise with his teeth. "Forgetting your responsibilities, my Queen? You specifically asked me what to do, to be more involved in both Kingdoms. What you're doing now is being inclusive for all of those who need to mingle."

"That occurred at the ball," I deadpan, my gaze narrowing at his face.

"Yes, but we went to Mount Olympus. Now, they shall come here. And you won't be alone. You've made tons of friends here, and you can-"