•t w e l v e•

•c h a p t e r-t w e l v e•

How? How is she back? Alive? Zeus admitted to killing her. The pain that laced his tone, the dread that filled his eyes and the remorse that crumbled his face. How?

"Samira! Don't do anything stupid!" Alyssa follows after me as I rush back into the palace.

This has to be a trick. That couldn't be the real her. Everyone believed she was dead, albeit knew she was dead. None of this was making any type of sense.

Whispers could be heard from around the palace, then silence as I made my way through the countless guards. My heart was racing, beating out of my chest. Why was I so stressed? Panicked?

I focus on the thrumming of our bond, the glowing golden thread that connected us. I follow it, letting it lead me to-

"Oof!" I slam into a chest, sparkles flooding underneath my skin immediately.

Cold hands grasp my shoulders firmly, preventing me from falling onto my ass.

"Samira!"

Hades' voice rings through my ears as I rub my nose, the pain spreading through my face.

"Hades?" I muffle, glancing up into annoyed, murky eyes.

"Why are you always hurting yourself somehow? Human-turned-goddesses should have a turn off button for clumsiness." He shakes his head, his hand coming up to caress my face gently. His eyes soften as I stare up at him, shocked by his small outburst.

"Are you okay?" He leans down, gently kissing my tender nose. Warm floods through the area, and suddenly the pain is no more.

"Yes." I clear my throat, blinking rapidly as I watch his eyes melt into clear ocean skies. "I've heard some news." I state, stepping back from him to regain my composure.

He sighs, the murky waters returning.

"Clear out."

The small murmurs that had begun completely disappears as the people of the palace scatter away, leaving the two of us alone.

I stare at him expectantly, my hands coming up to rest on my hips.

"Do not be upset." He searches my face, and I remain impassive as I stare up at him. "I have placed her in an empty room in the west wing."

Fire spreads up my toes and through my core, before reaching my face. I breathe in deeply, as to calm my ever growing inflamed nerves.