Chapter 13

The event came faster than I could've imagined. With school and everything time flew by. Daniel and I were stronger than ever. He always tried to take me on dates when he could and when I didn't have too much homework. I was so proud of him and the band. They were getting so big and I was excited to see where it would take them.

I woke up Saturday morning and realized I had nothing to wear.

"What do you mean you don't have anything to wear?" Daniel asks.

"I don't have anything fancy enough," I explain, "I'm going to have to go out and buy something. This is terrible."

"I'll go with you," he suggests, "I know all the best stores."

"No, I know what you're doing. I'm not letting you buy this dress for me," I say.

"Come on, y/n. We've been together for 4 months now and you live with me. I can afford to buy you a dress," he whines.

"No, Daniel," I say, "but thank you."

He groans. I search through my closet one last time to see if I can find anything to wear. I pull out a short, tight blue dress.

"That'll work," Daniel says.

"No it won't. This event is more formal than this," I say putting it back, "I should've brought my prom dress with me or something."

"I have an idea," Daniel says.

"What is it?" I ask.

He doesn't answer me. I watch as he leaves the room and pulls out his phone. He walks into the bathroom and closes the door so I can't hear him. When he comes out he has the biggest smile on his face.

"What did you?" I ask.

"Got you the perfect dress for tonight," he smiles.

"Daniel. No. I'm not wearing it," I say.

"Please! You're going to look so beautiful in it and I want you to wear it. So does the designer. Please," he begs, "you don't have anything else anyway."

"Daniel, you're the best boyfriend in the world," I say wrapping my arms around him.

We have to be at the venue at 5 and it's an hour drive from Daniel's house, plus LA traffic sucks so we should be ready by 3:30.

The day goes by quickly as we run a few errands. Daniel goes out to get his tuxedo and I start curling my hair. I'm just about finished when he walks through the door with a tux and a gown in his hand and his keys in the other.

"Here it is," he says handing it to me, "I hope it fits."

"I'll make it work," I smile.

I sit down and start my makeup. I do a smokey eye with a sharp wing of black eyeliner and a touch of silver eyeliner. I too it off with a dark lipstick and highlighter.

Daniel is in the bathroom fixing his hair and adjusting his tie. I head into the closet and close the door. I take the covering off of the gown and look at it. It's one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen.

I slide it on and I'm speechless. I slip on some black heels and take another look at myself in the mirror. It was a grey fabric with a deep v-neck, beading along the whole dress, and a train.