Chapter One: The Lunch

It was Wednesday and Kara was just finishing her first article since she started working for her new boss, Snapper. She had been working on it for a day and a half now and it felt so great to finally be done with it. She got out of her office and went down a floor to give her story to her not so friendly boss. As he was reading it, Kara couldn't tell if he was happy with her work or not, his face not giving her any help to figure it out. She had no choice but to wait until he said something.

"This article isn't that bad actually. I'm surprised. You did a good job.. What's your name again ?" he asked looking up from the reporter's article.

"I'm Kara, Kara Danvers. And thank you so much, it means a lot to me that you like my work" she said, giving him her biggest smile.

"Well you better don't get all lazy because you did a great job once, because if you do, i won't hesitate to fire you. Is that clear ?"

"Yes it's very clear."

"Good, now this story will probably make the front page tomorrow morning in National City's official newspaper. I hope you're happy."

"I am very happy ! Thank you so much!" as Kara finished her last sentence, she couldn't help but jump up and down.

She quickly went back up to her office to tell Alex about what just happened. After hanging up with her adoptive sister, she looked at the time and saw that her lunch break just started. Without hesitation, Kara texted Lena Luthor that she was coming over with lunch. She didn't even wait for an answer knowing that it wouldn't bother her best friend if she came by her office to eat with her considering she did it almost everyday. Kara ran to the elevator and yelled at the person inside of it to hold the door for her. To her not so nice surprise, she saw the person inside the elevator was James Olsen, her ex-boyfriend. They had broken up about a year ago when Kara just couldn't bear how possessive he was with her anymore and James still wasn't over her. Kara decided to just ignore him when he said hi to her, not wanting to start a conversation with the man. She got out of the elevator and walked as fast as she could to go get some food for Lena and her. About 15 minutes later, she arrived in front of the huge building Lena was the ceo of. Kara got in the elevator and she pushed the button that lead to the top floor. When she got out she passed by Lena's assistant, Jess and gave her a small smile. Without being interrupted by Jess who knew that Kara came up there almost everyday, the reporter finally got to her best friend's office. She knocked gently and pushed the door open right after, letting herself in.

"Hey Lena ! I brought food !" Kara said and at the same time her stomach made a loud noise to show how hungry she was. It wasn't Kara's fault she ate so much. She was burning almost 15000 calories a day because of flying and beating criminals everyday as Supergirl. She was always hungry and could eat about twelve times more than a regular person.

"Hey Kara. Yes i can see that, it's hard to miss considering how much food you have with you." Lena said, teasingly. That day, Lena was wearing a beautiful dress that was the same color as her pretty green emerald eyes that Kara found so amazing. The ceo had dark brown hair that were tied up in a ponytail. She had a dark shade of red lipstick and some light makeup on her face. Kara found her truly gorgeous, but she would never admit it to anyone, not even herself because it would mean that she liked her as more than just a friend and even though her sister was gay, she just couldn't face the fact that she was attracted by the powerful women standing in front of her.

"If you take a picture it'll last longer" Lena said jokingly noticing Kara staring at her.
Kara immediately felt her face becoming red as she turned away.

"So, are we going to eat or what ?" Lena asked not missing her best friend's reaction at her joke.

"Ye-yeah that's why i came isn't?"

They both sat down on Lena's white couch and Kara started getting the food out of the bags. She pulled out a plate and put a lot of popstickers on it while Lena did the same thing but with kale.

"How can you eat so not healthy all the time and still be in amazing shape ?" Lena asked while Kara was eating all her food at a spectacular speed.

"What ?" the superhero asked, her mouth full of popstickers.

"I asked you how are you so healthy considering all you eat is popstickers, pizza and desert?"

"I - uh i work out sometimes after work" Kara managed to invent trying to sound convicing. She hoped with all her heart that Lena wouldn't notice that she was lying, but her best friend had spend so much time studying Kara's face that she saw her crinkle right above her left brow that always showed when she wasn't telling the truth. Lena decided to let it go because it wasn't an important matter.

They talked during all of Kara's lunch time but unfortunately, after an hour and a half, Kara had to get back to work. She was already late but she didn't want to leave her friend. Lena finally got Kara to leave so that she wouldn't get fired but only after promising her that she would come by her place that night. The Luthor secretly couldn't wait to see Kara again and as soon as the reporter left, Lena started to look extremely forward that night, when she would see Kara again.

Hey ! So this is my first time writing a story, I hope it's not so bad. Also i'm sorry if i make mistakes, english isn't my first language but i try my best ! I'll try to put up the next chapter as soon as i can.