Chapter Nine: Favourite Person

*a week later*

Today was the day Kara could finally go back home. She had fully recovered from the kryptonite bullets after hours of laying under the sun lamps and feeling useless. She felt so good now that she was finally allowed to get out of bed. Alex was the one that was supposed to accompany Kara back home. They were finally ready to leave, Kara with a box of donuts in hands and Alex with the rest of their stuff when a familiar dark haired woman showed up at the deo.

"Hey guys" Kara turned around brusquely at the sound of her best friend's voice, making the powder of the donut she was holding go all over Alex's face.

"Kara i swear, if punching you wouldn't hurt me more than you, you'd be back in that sunlight bed right about now" Alex said, not gaining the slightest of Kara's attention.

The Kryptonian just supersped over to Lena, hugging her as tight as she could without hurting her before taking the time to remember everything about the situation they were in. She quickly pulled away, apologizing.

"Hey hey, Kara it's okay, calm down. I didn't mind that hug, i missed you" Lena said, stopping Kara's apologies and smiling at her with her white teeth. "I heard you're going back home today and need someone with you at all times to make sure you're okay. How about that person is me today ? That way, you and i can talk."

Kara just looked at Lena with her blue eyes wide open. Did she really want to talk about everything for a whole day ? What if Lena didn't want to forgive her and she just wanted to say that she would never talk to her again ? She finally decided that she had to speak with Lena no matter what and the best option was to get it over with.

"Okay Lena let me just tell Alex about it. I'm sure it won't be a problem" Lena nodded, smiling softly, no longer with her teeth but with a lot of sincerity that even got to her eyes.

Kara went back to Alex and prepared herself for her sister's reaction to what she was about to say.

"Hey Alex so i was wondering if it would be okay if it's Lena that spends the day with me. I know it was supposed to be you but we have so much to talk about and -"

"Kara stop it's okay. I know you guys have a lot to talk about. Just call me if something happens okay ?" Alex said, giving Kara a small smile. "I'll take the rest of your stuff to my apartment. I'll bring it back to you tomorrow"

"Okay thank you so much Alex ! Love you !" Kara said as she was walking back towards Lena.

"Okay let's go, Alex said it was fine for me to go back with you" Kara said to Lena.

"Actually, i kind of walked here from work and my apartment is way to far from here.."

"That's okay don't worry about we can just fly back to my apartment" As she finished her sentence, Kara lifter Lena up and carried her bridal style to the closest deo window and was about to take off when Lena said something.

"Wait !!" She said, not too loud but just enough to stop Kara immediatly.

"What's wrong Lee ?" Kara asked, worried.

"I'm scared .." Lena said in Kara's ear, her warm breath sending shivers down the super's spine. She said it just loud enough for Kara and only Kara to hear it and she wrapped her arms around the kryptonian's neck, putting her face in it, covering her eyes and Kara felt Lena's lips on her skin, making the blond smile.

Kara gently levitated off the ground and started flying slowly, making her way out of the deo and towards her apartment.

When she landed on her balcony a few minutes later, Lena hadn't move. She made her way to her living room, sat on her couch and whispered in Lena's ear that it was over while rubbing her back with her right hand and playing in her friend's hair with the other. Lena was sitting on Kara's lap because of the position Kara had carried her when she was flying. A little while later, Kara noticed that Lena had fallen asleep on her, and it made her heart beat a little faster than usual until she was able to steady it, reminding herself that they were just friends, nothing more. Kara eventually fell asleep while playing in Lena's hair and her head resting on Lena's shoulder.