Chapter Four

I stare down at the note, shaking my head before I vacuum the floor. Roman has been gone for a good five hours. I know it wasn't completely his fault that I was now a whore to most people, I could have said no. It just I had always wanted him, but he was forbidden.
I chuckle to myself. I tasted the forbidden fruit and got knocked up, isn't that what happened to Eve? I finish vacuuming the floor, before unplugging and setting the vacuum in the closet by the front door.
  I have to move quickly after moving to shut the small door, the hall door swings in quickly. Roman is being carried into the apartment by Angel. I am shocked, she gives me a smile. Angel looks so small carrying her huge son into his apartment. It looked like she could be crushed. I move to help her, but she just shakes her head no, then motions to my stomach.
I shut the door when she gets him completely inside the apartment, and carrying him towards his bedroom. I follow them, watching as she has him sit on the bed.
  She turns to me, signing, " Hi, Maria, Roman called me at the bar. I came and picked him up, he explained all that happened today.
  I already messaged Parker. I am contacting a lawyer on Monday. What he said today to Roman is not something the man I married all those years ago would have even thought to say.
  Roman said you were staying in the guest room. I'll take the couch."
  I shake my head, signing quickly, "No, you take the guest room. I can take the couch."
  Angel laughs, "No, you're pregnant. The couch will not kill me."
I stomp my foot, " I'll sleep on the floor if you don't take the couch, Angel. You are more welcomed here then I am."
   Angel scrunches her brow in confusion, " Maria you are always welcomed here. You are the mother of my future grandchildren, and Roman-"
  She stops signing and grabs the trash can by Roman's bed. She shoves it at Roman who sticks his head into the too, the smell of vomit quickly fills up the room.
  I watch as Angel rubs his back gently, helping him hold the trash can until he is through being sick. Angel helps Roman lay back into the bed. I bend down and take off his boots and socks, before helping him set his legs in bed.
  Angel stand up, " Have you are, Maria?" She signs while looking around Roman's room.
  I show my head, with a look of disgust on my face, "Every time I open the refrigerator I become nauseous."
  Angel arches her eyebrow before walking out of the room. I take a few steps to stand by Roman. He is heavily asleep. He was sweating, his blonde hair sticking to his forehead.
  I use my fingers to brush the hair off his forehead before I could stop myself. I jump when his eyes pop open. He reaches for my hand and lightly brings it to his lips, before looking at me with glazed eyes, " Sleep with me, Maria." He mouths. I shake my head no. We were in this predicament because I slept with him. Roman shakes his head no, " No sex, just sleep. I really want to hold you and my babies."
He smiles as he gently rubs my belly. He looks up at me, begging me with his eyes. I eventually give in, I know we would both regret it tomorrow.
  I reach behind me and unhook my bra before throwing it to the floor. I crawl over the top of him, to the other side of the bed. Roman sits up long enough to pull the blanket over the both of us, before flopping back on the bed.
  He turns on his side, away from me. I feel a slight pain course through my chest before he grabs my arm and pulls it over his waist, snuggling into me.
  The smile forms on my lips, the big bad Roman enjoys being the little spoon, and oddly I enjoyed being his big spoon.

                   Roman's Point of view

   I wake up with the feeling of cotton in my head, and a body wedged against me. I panic, did I bring a girl home with me? I ask myself. Maria would be pissed and we would backtrack so much. Jessica already put us back more then I accomplished yesterday.
  I gently turn around, not wanting to wake the person behind me, and shock rolls through me as Maria comes into my few, snuggled into my back. I try to remember last night but only remember calling Mom and her coming to get me.
  I gently unwrap Maria from around me, before easing out of bed, with disturbing her. I glance back when I am standing, seeing her peacefully asleep still, snoring softly.
  I quietly growl when I see the refrigerator door wide open. I must have opened it before crashing into bed last night. It wouldn't be the first time. I go to shut the door, but a yelp of surprise has me stop. I lean over the top of the door to see Mom scrubbing to bottom of the refrigerator clean.
  "Mom, why are you cleaning my apartment?" I ask as nicely as I could.
  Mom looks up at me with teary eyes," Maria said the smell made her nauseous and she didn't eat last night."
I quickly walk to Mom and pick her off my kitchen floor, "Mom, why are you crying? Is something wrong? You wouldn't cry because of that."
  She wipes her nose with the sleeve of her shirt, " I found out I was pregnant again this yesterday. I also called the lawyer and he should be serving your Dad divorce papers right now."
  I know my mother seen the shocked look on my face, I remember her saying she would divorce Dad, but never actually thought she would. Mom begins to cry harder. I pull her into my chest for a hug. I hold her as she cries, her phone begins to vibrate on the counter. Dad's picture pops up, he will figure out where she is soon. She needs to cry right now, not argue with Dad.
  Mom cries for a few more minutes, Dad called ten times. She pulls away before wiping her eyes and giving me a wobbly smile, " I have some food being delivered soon. I'll make us all some breakfast when it gets here if you will put up the rest of the groceries."
  I nod my head before hitting the refrigerator door and walking Mom to the couch. I now had two pregnant women at my house. How did this happen? I silently ask myself.
  "Mom, you rest and watch t.v I am going to check in Maria then take a shower."
  Mom nods her head before turning on the television. I walk to the room and see the bed empty, but the shower on in the bathroom. I feel a smile cross my lips. I walk and grab a pair of clean boxers and blue jeans before walking to the bathroom and opening the door.
  Maria had the bathroom foggy from all the steam. I quickly pull my clothes off and throw them in the washer. I open the curtain, not bothered by the tile getting wet. A very naked and pregnant Maria stares at me before trying to cover herself. I chuckle before stepping into the shower. I yelp at how hot the water is and look at the baby bump.
  I turn around and turn the water to a cooler setting. Maria glares at me and motions for me to get out. I shake my head, "Honey, haven't you heard? You need to conserve water, and what better way than by showering together?"
I see a smile tug at the side of her mouth before she reaches around me and grabs the loofa, already soaped up. She presses it to her neck and begins to scrub. I stop her, taking the loofa from her. I gently begin to wash her, making sure to linger on her growing belly.
  I bend to my knees to wash her legs, stopping to place a few kisses on her belly, then looking up at her. She is smiling down at me.
  I stand up to my full height, stopping the water from hitting her. I stop myself from picking her up and taking her to my bedroom. I could slip and hurt her, and Mom was in my living room and didn't need to see her son carry naked women from his bathroom.
  I move to the back of the shower, allowing Maria to rinse off the soap as I quicky soap my self up. She steps out of the shower and I rinse off quickly following her.
  I smile as Maria struggles to button up her pants. I mentally take note to take her clothes shopping soon. She pulls on a large shirt, must be one of Wolf's old ones. I pull on my boxers and jeans before walking out of the bathroom door with Maria.
   Mom is in the kitchen cooking what smells like pancakes. I walk to the counter and begin to put away the bags of groceries she had ordered.
  Mom turns to Maria when she sees her and begins to sign. They go back and forth while I finish unpacking the groceries. Mom finally speaks up, " Roman, she has a doctor's appointment in three days, at three."
  I nod my head, after I would take her shopping for clothes. I take all the plastic bags and shove them under the sink. I smile as Mom lightly touches Maria's belly before signing and pointing to her own stomach.
  My lips pull into a smile at Maria's reaction to finding out my Mom is pregnant. She lights up and presses a hand gently to Mom's belly.
   Mom turns back around to plate a few pancakes before handing the plate to Maria with a bottle of syrup. I set the butter in the counter with a knife and fork.
  Maria walks to my side of the counter and just adds butter, not bothering with syrup. I scrunch my face up at her.
  I watch Maria eat but jump when my apartment door is slammed open. I go to reach for the gun in one of my kitchen drawers when I see Dad in my thread hold with papers in his hand. His face is head and his chest is heaving, " Angel, what the fuck is this?" He ask, almost yelling.
  Mom turns around calmly, " Divorce papers, Parker. I want a divorce from you."