Chapter 2

For a while, nobody spoke. Barry looked as if her wanted to speak but changed his mind at the last minute.

Astrid was very much alive. Her hair was longer and she was dressed in long black and blue latex and high-heeled boots. Cisco's hair had been pulled pack. He too, wore black leather. But he wore a black and green leather jacket.

But what had caught Barry, Caitlin and DR Wells' attention was the black patch to his left eye. There was a scar running from under his patch, starting at his forehead, down to his cheek.

Suddenly, the intercom went off. They could hear Oliver Queen's voice. "Barry, when you're finished assisting Batman... Do you mind offering your expertise?"

Barry looked to the intercom but then back to his friends. "How is this possible? How are you back? How are you even alive?"

Astrid looked to Cisco and then approached Barry in the center of the cortex confidently. "No time to explain, we need Harry's help."

Her words threw Barry and Caitlin off guard. "You need... I'm sorry, what?"

Cisco shook his head and approached Harry impatiently. "We know that your little council has been keeping their tabs on us and we need you to set up a meeting. We're looking for somebody."

Harry looked from Barry, then to Caitlin and then finally back to Astrid and Cisco. But before he could speak, Barry took the reign. "What? No! Do you have any idea what we have been through? You were dead... and we don't even know where you went, Cisco. You can't just come in here... alive, with no explanation, take Harry and just..." Before Barry could finish his sentence, he was met by a crippling pain to his head bringing him down to the floor in excruciating agony.

"We don't have the time for this! Cisco, grab Wells and let's go... Now!"

"Right away!" Cisco responded, pulling a small remote from his pocket and aiming it at Harry.

"Astrid, Cisco... what are you guys doing?" Caitlin demanded. "You can't just..."

"Caitlin," Astrid said sternly. "I would rather keep you out of this. You're in a delicate condition, so please don't try to stop us... That is my first and only warning I'm going to give you. Cisco, do it."

With Barry crippled on the floor in agony, Caitlin at odds on what to do and Harry curious about the remote that Cisco was aiming at him. Cisco pushed the first button, freezing the World Walker in place.

Cisco raised up his hand, ready to form another breach, but before he could, Astrid raised up her hand for him to stop.

"Why are we stopping?" Cisco demanded. "We need to go, now."

A familiar voice forced she and Cisco to turn around. To their frustration, they had been joined by a familiar man in a green hood, a figure in a bat suit and a young man in a blue suit and a long red cape. To the left of the Arrow was another man in green. It was John Diggle.

"Star, Cisco. Nice to see you both," Oliver said removing his green hood. "Now unhand Barry and tell us what's going on."

Cisco looked to Astrid for further instruction. "Open the breach, Cis... This won't take us long at all."

Instantly, Cisco obeyed. To all those present, time seemed to slow down as if in slow motion. Cisco raised up his hand, opening a breach, while Astrid raised her own hand. Then as the breach formed. A large white light lit up the room, followed by that same deafening high-sound.

The white light was so blinding, that it rendered those present powerless to stop Astrid and Cisco escaping with Harry in tow.

"Where'd they go and what was that?" John Diggle asked, dumbfounded.

They approached theposition where the breach had been opened up. Barry looked from Caitlin to theothers. "I guess we need to find them now."