chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was the 2nd Saturday of April not as hot, but very humid and she was sweating profusely despite the air conditioner of her high end sedan running on full blast. “The Sedan” Ohh!! she wondered presented by the man who had disgusted her.

Anyways the car she was driving at present, was her “Gift,” but it was not presented to her by her father. It was her engagement gift from her dear fiancee, pun intended, than and now her “EX”… true that…he was her EX, it was just sinking in her… and how did this happen? It happened it just did a while back itself. She was rewinding her memory.

As she had zoomed, she was on the Mumbai- Karjat highway, dressed in her heaviest and finest regalia with oodles of makeup and her hair do had a lot to say. She wondered if the onlookers thought she looked like a joker.... was she looking like one? She saw her clothing and made a face, yeah may be she pondered. Anyways her eyes back on the highway.

She wasn’t a joker, not at all. She was just a Runaway Bride who had jilted her fiance at the altar, now her “EX," mystery solved but the story is pending, there it flows.

That very morning was Reva Roy’s wedding, the daughter of business magnet and a celebrated personality Mr. Manek Roy. She was tying her nuptial knot with Akhil Pradhan, a promising politician on board.

She vividly remembered how she was ready to take the plunge despite knowing that there was something awfully fluffed. The rituals were at its peak they were just about to encircle the sacred fire. She halted and untied the knot, gazed at him, “Akhil I can’t marry you, SORRY!!!”she announced boldly and quite unexpectedly.

The spectators were stunned at Reva’s declaration. Her mother gave her a fiery scan, her stepfather trying to plaster a simple smile gulping that bold statement of hers, while Akhil giving her death stare until she whispered, “Akhil, I know about your special meetings with my step sister, Jiya, so if I blurt the truth you are finished. Your career and your so called image will be ruined.” His death stare was replaced with an abashed and zoned out look in his eyes.

She din't give anyone a complete minute to recover and digest her statement and of course from her stunt and she sprinted to the vestibule, catching her breath and ran fro her life. She hopped on the sedan that belonged to her father, requesting the driver to drive her home at lighting speed. She closed eyes and that ugly sight played again.

Reva had been contemplating about her wedding ever since she had seen Akhil and Jiya in a wet hot disgusting lip lock while he explored her assets and Jiya loving his hardness. “Pathetic sight” she mumbled and that gave her tears every time she thought of it. That was all she termed it as of now, and he had cheated on her already.

Reva was actually marrying him, how could she? After all this shit she had seen with her own damn eyes which was hard to believe but that remains the truth, unchanged.

She wanted to confront him then and there, she wanted to bash him up but on second thoughts she had to vent this to her mother before reacting.She knew her mother would surely understand her state of mind and call off the wedding. Reva gulped her anger and betrayal at that moment and walked away with a heavy heart. All Reva craved for was a man’s loyalty and his love and what she saw shattered her dreams, her hopes but yet she believed in love.

She had learnt there wasn’t any love between her and Akhil, long back but this confirmed her doubts.This incident had almost traumatized her and it was a clear fact that Akhil wasn’t the man for her. She missed her Dad terribly, a simple, honest and lovable man.

She had been unhappy about this alliance. Her heart and mind both disapproved it. She hinted her mother about Akhil and Jiya but the old lady was too engrossed in her page3 life post her marriage with Mr. Roy.

Reva cries never reached her mother’s ears or her mom ignored it. She felt a pang of loneliness inspite of her mother being around. She missed her father a little more, how her parents were always together showering her with nothing but immense love. Though her parents had their share of fights and major crisis yet they were in love always.

Reva’s parents were definitely a happy couple but her mother Poorna mentally cursed herself for Jayant, her first husband’s death which wasn’t the truth at all. Since then the mother -daughter both shared an awkward distance and silence.

Reva took all the efforts to break the ice, making their relation cordial, just like before. But it seemed her mother had her guards on and may be forever this time. She was so drowned in her high maintenance lifestyle, to the point that she ignored her daughter making her crave more and more for a simple life.

Poorna and Reva had shifted to Mumbai ever since Jayant’s untimely death. Here, her mother accidentally met her step father who happened to be a big shot, Mr. Manek Roy. He was very understanding and jovial person unlike what she expected a step father’s to be. He always treated her equally as his own daughter Jiya and they shared an affable bond.

Though Reva was friendly but she could not share everything with Mr. Roy, this issue was one of them. she dreaded to tell Mr. Roy about Jiya as she dint know if he would believe her.  Akhil and his parents were well known to the Roy's.Though they were a family but she was distant from her mother and coming to having a sister, Jiya who could have been a good friend, but she always envied her. Roy step sisters hardly got along. Jiya always contested Reva for reasons unknown.

So they were not so happy yet an admissible family. While thinking all of this a tear rolled down her cheek. She opened her eyes and wiped it and there she saw the huge gates of “Roy House.”

Teri yaad aaj aa gayi,

kahin thoda sa rula gayi,

Aapna sa woh ghar yaad aya 

woh saara dulaar yaad aa gaya.