08

Mariam entered the mailroom to see Luke pulling out his keys. She gave him a small smile, however, he didn't seem to notice. He was wearing a black sleeveless shirt with You Complete Mess printed on the front. She wondered if he ever became cold wearing such clothing considering the inclement weather of the season.

However, she did manage to catch a glimpse of his tattoos that ran down his ribs. "It's rude to stare."

Mariam blinked and looked up at him, dumbfounded. "I wasn't - it's, um... I'm sorry." She decided to apologize after her obvious blunder. Being flustered around Luke has become a familiarity the more frequent they cross each other. She opened the small door of her mailbox and pulled out several envelops and subscribed magazines.
They didn't speak after that, both of them heading toward the elevator in comfortable silence. Mariam had reached over to press the button but Luke beat her to it. She pressed the button anyway.

He released a humored huff and crossed his arms. Mariam had tried to keep her eyes from wandering considering the small space between them, but she found herself drawn to the various ink on his arms. There was a broken skull, the heart, snakes, elaborate cursive writing...

"Curious, dork?"

She jerked to the side as the elevator had. "H-huh?"

"Do you want to see them? My tattoos." His blue eyes held her gaze as she stared at him obtusely. "All of them?" His lips quirked up in amusement, as if withholding something out of her grasp. Perhaps making her blush uncontrollably?

"I... I-" Mariam covered her face with her acquired mail. For the record, he did a fantastic job at making her blush.

Luke chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Figures."

"I do," said Mariam, her voice muffled behind layers of paper.

The elevator chimed indicating their arrival at their designated floor. Luke raised a pierced brow as she walked off ahead of him. "What?" he asked.

Mariam nodded. "I want to see them... Your tattoos." When she reached her door, Luke stepped towards her, a bit too close for comfort on her part. She pressed her back against the door.

"You'll faint before I take off my shirt," he smirked. "Right, dork?"

"N-no!" Mariam defended herself. "I... won't faint."

He watched her trembling eyes harden for a brief moment before they darted to anywhere but him. Her words held no conviction. It was astounding, how she thought she could be intimidating.

"I won't faint," she repeated, this time more firmly.

Luke scoffed and stepped back. "Fine."

Mariam regained her respiratory functioning, not realizing she was holding her breath near him. "F-fine?"

Luke nodded and Mariam swallowed hard. Was it just her or was this conversation moving a lot faster than average? Well, when it was between them. Did he really ask her if she wanted to see his tattoos? Did she really agree to such a thing? And why is there a quivering sensation in the pit of her stomach?

However, those thoughts suddenly lost their relevance because Luke's hands were currently on either side of her head and his voice lowered several octaves into a range that had her heart bursting.

"Your place or mine?"

Ironically enough, she fainted.

lol mariam u loser