10

I managed to get home and jumped right into the shower. I washed off any grit or grime on my body and any stench that covered me from head to toe.

I get another text which was probably Vern again, asking me of to where I was and if I had remembered about the event.

I dried myself off, and tied my hair up in a towel. I dried my body with another large towel before rushing back to my bedroom to find something suitable to wear for this special occasion.

Ugh! I must had something nice right?! I told myself as I rummaged through the creaky old closet before managing to pull out a decent looking black sleeveless blouse.

I examined it thoroughly making sure there was no tears, stains and gave a good sniff to make sure it didn't smell bad or anything. I shrugged, tossing it on my bed before rummaging through my closet once more.

Thankfully I found a pair of black jeans that looked just about formal enough to wear at this party or whatever you'd want to call it.

I walked over to one of my nightstands, opening the top drawer and pulled out a black laced bar and a pair of boxers before putting on my clothes for tonight. I quickly tugged on a pair of socks that definitely didn't match each other and lastly pulled on a pair of black heeled boots.

I made the quick turn to the washroom once more to brush through my knotted wet hair before blow drying and brushing through it once more. I added a little spray of the cheap dollar store perfume I had bought a while back and a touch of lipgloss to my lips, and a touch of mascara to my lashes.

My phone buzzed loudly from my bedroom, signalling that I was getting call. Damn it Vern!

I run out of the bathroom, nearly tripping on my own two feet as I grabbed my cell phone and quickly answered. "I'm almost done, I promise!" I rambled out as I could sense he was getting quite pissed at me.

"Katelyn we can't be late remember?" Vern hissed out as I tugged on my yellow leather jacket, shoving my note pad and pen in the pocket before running towards the door.

"I know, I know! I'll meet you at the corner store in five minutes!" I rambled out, hanging up on him before he could argue with me some more. I run down the creaky old hallway and out the back door of the apartment building.

I snapped opened my wings and took flight into the night sky, scanning the city from down below. I catch my sights on Vern who already pulled up to our designated meet up. I drop down not too far from the store and made a run down the street.

"About time, Kate." Vern said with a sharp glare as I flashed him an innocent smile. "Sorry, I wanted to look somewhat presentable." I replied as I hopped in the passenger seat and Vern drove to where Sacks was hosting the party.

"So, have you ever heard of Eric Sacks before?" Vern asked as he was trying to make a conversation with me. "Oh uhm, yeah. I mean, he is very successful with his business and all." I replied slowly as I turned my gaze back towards the window.

"I'm guessing you never met him face to face?" Vern asked casually as I let out a faint laugh. "Vern, he's a wealthy business man. I don't think he has the time to meet anyone below him." I replied as Vern shrugged.

"Well, you never know. He seems like, well you know a cool looking guy." Vern added on as I only nodded in reply, not taking my gaze away from the road.

Thankfully we weren't late, we were actually early so it gave Vern and I some time to setup for when Channel 6 was to go live tonight to film Sacks and share with everyone of what he has to say and offer to the rest of New York.