27

" yea i did "I replied , actually lied. 

We make our way into his car and the wanna be gentleman he is , he opened the door for me , one of my pet peeve but could I care more about pet peeves at the moment. I was more worried of Shawn , I hadn't exactly told him where am I today or what even am I doing and I know he'd ask me .

The ride remained silent to the most part and I again starting remembering my plan .

" Look all you've got to do is to pretend with Bryce that you're dating him and spend with him as much as time as possible on the other hand keep Shawn with you too without actually breaking up with him . Keep it that way for a few days until we can actually come up with something.  This way you wouldn't have to tell Shawn nor he'd get hurt and Bryce would be Happy and unsuspicious that you're with Shawn . Although I can't promise what happens with you and Shawn but remember you're doing it for him , not yourself , not Bryce , not the damn world but Shawn.  Keep that in mind and do not give up . You can do it Taylor " this is the plan jacob came up with and I was happy to listen it because I knew it'd work. 

A part of me wants to jump out of the car shout at him , call for help and accuse him but the consequences stops me from the irrational things i am thinking of doing . I feel a hand placed over my knees and i almost jump at the contact but relax although i should not but i had to so that is exactly what i did . The feeling of cringe rise in me and i want to push his hand away but unfortunately i can't , at least not until i get evidence against him and he'd leave shawn alone . 

Much to my anticipation he stopped the car near a - wait he bought me to pub at this hour of the day . 

" a pub ? " i couldn't help but ask 

" yeah any issues ?" he asked 

" at this hour of the day , its not even evening yet " i replied 

" its fine , come " he said and got out of the car and rushed to my side and opened the door for me, he didn't bought me to a fucking restaurant that he's acting like a gentleman , he bought me to a fucking pub . i faked a smile and got out. 

As we made it into the pub it didn't feel right at all but i had to , at least that is what i kept on saying to myself and assuring me and reminding myself that i am doing this for shawn and his life . 

Soon we were led inside somewhere private , more with seating . 

" you go and sit there , i'll just talk and come " he said and i fake smiled and nodded , going to sit somewhere close . I saw his interaction with the guy and it seemed more like very personal , what movie taught me i applied and took out my phone and started recording their interaction clearly aware of how dangerous was it if bryce found it but i guess i had to do it . i started looking here and there but my phone was recording everything but momentarily looked at them and just then from the corner of the eye i saw them exchange something . Bryce looked here and there before he started coming to me and i immediately closed my camera . As i saw him come towards me i fake smiled at him and he did the same . he asked some girl on the way for something and she nodded and left . 

he sat next to me " who was that ?" i asked out of curiosity

" oh that is no one , lets enjoy the drinks " he said as his drinks came , he tried to offer me some but i refused . Soon  a girl came and started giving him lap dance and i excused myself to the washroom . As i entered the washroom i sighed and immediately sent the video to jacob and deleted it from my phone . 

' hey babe , where are you ? ' ouch , it hurts so bad but i deleted the notification . 

After what felt like a couple hours we finally left and i asked him to drop me at the place we met and i sat in my car and went my way . I got a call from shawn but i ignored it because my voice is right now very shaky to talk to anyone . I made my way to my apartments and finally taking the stairs i reached my flat . I quickly got in for a shower almost crying in the shower although i reminded myself time again and again that i am strong . As i got out of the shower , i started to get dressed when i heard footsteps and i felt the life knockout of me . i threw a jumper over me and sweatpants and i started taking small steps towards my bedroom door , picking up the vase kept and opening the door and walking towards the living room , finding the shadow of someone and as soon as i was about to throw at them , he turned around and my hands immediately went down . 

" shawn ?" my tone came out calm 

" were you going to hit me with that " he asked pointing to the vase , i chuckled and kept it on the near table . 

" yeah , i thought it was someone else " the fact that bryce could come even though he doesn't know where i live frightens me and when i heard footsteps i felt like it was him . 

" why ?" he asked 

" i heard of a robbery down the lane , so i have been pretty scared " i lied but make my way toward him and pushing my hands inside his jacket and placing my head on his chest , hugging him tight . He was pretty sure taken a back but hugged me back and kissed my hair . The entire day i had been so scared that i felt i craved shawn  , maybe because even his simple presence calms me down specially these few days since i have been putting myself into danger and even if in this process something happens i want to spend most of my time with him but everything i am doing right now is for him . i felt  a tear appear my eyes but i held it and only tighten my  hug around him until he pushed me back holding me straight in front of him 

" why are you crying ?" he asked as he bought his hands to my eyes and wiping it off 

" i missed you " i smiled , he frowns but smile soon 

" and i thought taylor didn't like relationships and you aren't the love types " he jokes which only brings nostalgia from our very first normal conversation that lead to the relationship talk and out first kiss , it seems so long gone now but its only been 5 months . looking back at 5 months we have definitely grown so much . 

I rolled my eyes at him and without warning he pulls me and attaches his lips to mine , cupping my cheek and i do the same placing my hands on his broad chest out of instinct and enjoying the only part of the day i can enjoy . 

A few days have went by and i had to constantly meet bryce just to not create suspicion and it only annoys me because i had to lie to shawn everytime telling him i have been in libraries all this time and i leave my phone in my car to avoid distraction , almost to a point shawn became suspicious and calling me out that he went to the library and i was nowhere to be found , only making me lie more to him that in the library near my old house . He seemed to buy it but i can't assure .Jacob has already told me multiple times that he is finding proofs and he is almost at the root . 

Meanwhile right now i am sat in car after meeting bryce and i have to directly go to work until i receive a message from jacob 

" i've got the biggest evidence , meet me right now at harbour cafe " , my eyes widened and i smile putting my car on ignition and driving straight to the address . 

I quickly reach my destination and got inside looking for jacob , finding him with a lady and 

a child ?

" hi " i said , all three of them look up at me 

" hi taylor , meet margaret and her son greg " he introduces me to them 

" hi " i said to both of them and the lady smiles wide at me replying with a hi . 

I don't understand what this lady had to do with the proof . 

" she's related to bryce and that is his son " jacob said and my eyes immediately widened . What? 

~

Just a couple of chapters and epilogue to this books end.  I'm so excited.

Thank you so much for reading and staying. 

All the love - R.r.