Car Wash

Y/N visits Cameron while he's in LA, it's the hottest part of the summer when Cameron decides he needs to wash his car – Y/N gets turned on in the process.

The sunlight had been beaming persistently in the sky, trying its best to reach through the cracks in the curtains hanging from the windows to disturb awake the sleeping form of you from slumber. Though when light finally started to pour into the quiet room, making the room a tad bit warmer in spots where the light shined the brightest, it made you stir, mumble and toss yourself back and forth until your face found refuge in your fluffiest pillow to escape the assault of said light.

You'd been here a week, and all L.A. had to offer you was very warm weather - that burned your skin the very day you arrived, might you include. You could say you were just about fed up with it, so, you avoided it at all costs. When you decided to visit your friend while he was here in L.A., you expected maybe to have days where all you two were doing was lounging about his house and eating unhealthy things.

That wasn't the case at all.

Every morning at 8 AM he was banging pots and pans, literally and figuratively, he went for runs, he drank his smoothies and ate his veggies - while you ate pizza for most of all day, by yourself.

Before you could begin to think about forcing yourself awake from the slight doze you found yourself in, you could hear the distant padding of feet walking down the hall, a creaking of a door opening, which was yours; and you already knew who it was.

You couldn't see him, but you could imagine Cameron's head poking in to take a quick glance, his hair would be a mess, curls wild and untamable as they stuck off in all directions atop his pretty head - he'd toe at the carpet before pushing his way in, and possibly snuggling into your side.

That's what you hoped for. But it didn't happen.

You didn't bother to crack an eye open, rather you kept them closed as if you were still asleep as you listened to the heavy footsteps approached your bed. Cameron's weight dipped into the mattress beside you as he laid down, burying himself under the covers and facing your fake-asleep frame. You could hear his breathing start to slow, and if you didn't know better you might've thought he had fallen back to sleep like you said he would and only came in here so he wouldn't be alone.

The thought made your tummy tingle with butterflies and your insides warm.

Cameron had been that way ever since you two became friends, if you were over he'd rather stay where you were sleeping than be by himself in his room - for comfort reasons, you had reckoned. The past few months he'd been too busy and too tired to do it - also distance being a prominent reason that was so, but the reminder that his feelings haven't changed made your tummy flutter.

Sleep started to pull at the corner of your eyes, tugging fiercely, and you were just barely skimming the surface, about to go under the decadent waters of slumber. You felt fingertips start to trace your exposed arm, trailing over to your shoulders, to your clavicles, under your chin, across your cheek and then down the slope of your nose - until they finally drew the outlining of your lips.

You'd be lying to yourself if you denied that the touch didn't raise goose bumps on your skin.

"Pup..."

You didn't budge at the sound of his raspy morning voice or the pet name you never knew why you liked to be called, you made yourself become completely still and your breath even out. You didn't want to leave the cozy yet cool confinements of your air conditioned guest room.