Empty Parks And A Shaky Photo Booth

"What if we get caught?"

"We're not stealing anything baby," he chuckled as he led you across the parking lot. His fingers were warmly interlocked with yours. The cool summer nights air licked across your skin, a shiver running down your body. You pulled Cameron's borrowed camel colored cardigan back up from where it slipped off your shoulder. The softness on your skin and his cologne lingering on the fabric warmed you just as much as the extra layer.

"Yeah but, isn't this like, private property?" His fingers slide from your grasp in favor of effortlessly hopping over a wire fence.

"Do you want me to come back?" He asked through the twisted wires of the fence.

"No," you huffed with a roll of your eyes.

"Then what are you waiting for?"

"Was gonna see how long it took for you to notice the opening down there?" You nodded your head towards the break in the fence a few feet to your left.

"You're such a wise ass," he smiled wide, shaking his head as he followed you.

You dramatically stepped through the opening, bending with a small curtsy in his direction. He pulled you into his body with a laugh, his warmth was enveloping in the same way his love wrapped around you. The sky was cloudy even in the darkness and a light fog filled the traveling carnival. It was eerily quiet if anything, having been closed for the evening hours ago. Some of the games illuminated the concrete with flashes of yellow and red lights as you walked.

"Probably would have been a better idea to come here while it was open, Cam." You teased him as you tucked yourself closer to his side.

He laced your fingers together again, "Yeah but then it would be so ordinary."

You leaned your face up towards his to catch a small smile spreading across this face. The lights of the carousel reflected off his eyes and it did nothing to swell the steady beating of your heart. Your fingers brushed the cold metal of the poles wrapping around the outside as you walked. You watched the familiar creases form on his neck as he looked at you, most likely sensing your gaze. His smile spread across his face slowly, mischievous and innocent at the same time.

"What?" He questioned the look on your face as he pulled you closer into his side, guiding your arm to wrap around his waist before letting go of your fingers to do the same. His fingers gripped your waist tightly and the warmth of his palm melted into your skin even through the fabric of your cotton dress.

"Nothing, just love you."

He turned enough to pull you flush to the front of him, stopping you in your tracks. "Love you too, pup." His words were like warmed caramel, his tone sweet and delicious. His breath was soft as it fanned across your lips before his lips grazed yours in a gentle kiss. His arms were wrapped around your waist, his fingers laced together and resting in the curve at the center of your back.

You kissed him slowly, just beside the abandoned carousel as the lights for a ring toss game flashed behind your eyelids. Would you ever tire of kissing him? Of the feeling that took over you as he pulled kiss after suctioning kiss from your greedy lips?

He began blindly walking you backwards, both of you smiling against each others mouth. You pet down the curls at the back of his head, smoothing your fingers over the nape of his neck to hold to the sides of his throat. You could feel his jaw tick under your fingertips as he pulled one last kiss from you before leaning his forehead against yours.

You tucked your face against his chest, feeling content when he kissed the top of your head before continuing to walk aimlessly through the carnival. You wrapped your hands around his neck in favor of practically hanging from his shoulders, leaving him to lead you as you shuffled backwards. His lips were soft as the grazed your temple to the point of nearly being ticklish. You were both quiet as you stumbled on like this, making your way further and further into the assortment of rides and games. There was no purpose to it other than neither of you wanting the night to end.