Chapter 26 - Hanging out

Austins POV: 

After me and Nicole did our shenanigans this morning, we decided to call up Aleks and Clarissa to check how they were doing, since we were leaving for the Runaway Tour tomorrow. Nicole wanted to take Clarissa, Aleks and me out for a swim today since it was like 100 degrees outside, or atleast it felt like it. 

Aleks and Clarissa agreed to go out for a swim, and maybe have a picnic somewhere nice after, or just throw some barbeque together just us, and I said that we could do it at my place and just chill the rest of the evening. 

...

Nicole wanted to take my velociraptor out for a spin today, because she loved that car more than any other I had, and I really didn't mind. She even got the opportunity to drive it herself.

We pulled up outside of her apartment, and Clarissa and Aleks was already outside waiting for us when we pulled up. Nicole jumped out of the car, and ran into Aleks's arms, hugging him. I got out and hugged Clarissa. "No hard feelings towards us?" She said, giving me a soft hug, scratching her head. "Yeah, yeah, no hard feelings man" I said, starting to think about what she meant. 

I knew she had an awful feeling about doing what she did that prom night, but I didn't really feel sorry about it. Not to seem all shady and stuff, but it wasn't that big of a deal for me. 

Yeah, I had a hard crush on her back in the day, but it wasn't that big of a deal, when I knew she didn't like me that much either. She always told me she had an eye for Aleks, and she knew I kind off had a thing for Nicole even when I didn't notice it myself. 

Damn, I can't even believe and start to think about how far we both have come in this world together. She moved with me to LA after I got my own house, because I didn't want her to live with me and Jason, and when I didn't even have a real place to stay for a while, since I was couch jumping. 

I wanted her to come, of course, because she had an awful time when it came to being back in Texas without me, and Alex who were torturing her all the damn time. I promised her that she was going to come with me one day, I just had to get me my own place. And she's been there ever since. 

"Austin?" Nicole grabbed my arm, dragging me out of my trance. "Huh?" I said, looking down at her. She looked up at me, smiling. "You OK, cowboy?" and when she said that, I grinned so hard, thinking back on what we did just some hours ago. And I could see she knew what I was grinning about, and started to blush. I bent down to her ear, just so she could hear me. "I like it when you call me cowboy" I said, taking a drag of my cigarette and she blushed even more. 

She tried brushing it off as good as she could, taking a drag of hers. She coughed, and walked back to our car. "Let's go people" she said, smashing her cigarette on the ground, jumping into the car. I shook my head at her, smiling, smashed my cigarette, and walked over to the car with the others, jumping into the passenger seat. Yeah, Nicole actually gets to drive my truck, who would've thought. 

...

"So, what do you guys want to eat later on?" Nicole asked Aleks and Clarissa, looking back at them, still holding my hand. We were walking in the grocery store, trying to find something to eat. Later on we decided we would just jump in the pool I had at home, instead of driving somewhere to find which wasn't crowded with people on a day like this. 

"Anything is really cool with us" they both said in chorus. Both me and Nicole turned to look at them, furrowed our brows at them, and they ended up on the floor, laughing their asses off. "You guys are literally just one person!" they said, holding their stomachs from laughing.