Chapter 6: Family Dinner

Laura's POV.
After that whole fiasco, Faith and JD caught up with me by the school entrance. "WTH guys! I needed both of you back there!" I said with a stern voice. I saw them look at each other as if asking what reason should they tell me. Then JD spoke up. "Hey, Laura, we are sorry for what happened back there and we couldn't do anything. Everyone is afraid of him, we didn't know how to react. " after hearing what JD said I thought for a while 'why are people so scared of this guy?!' I stopped walking and turned to them. "It's alright. I understand! Just be there for me if something like that happens again alright? I'm gonna head home. Text me when you guys get home" I waved and with that I was on the way home.

*15 minutes later*
PHEW! Home at last! And I have homework... Great =.= first day of school and you immediately get homework. I was about to go up to my room when I heard my mom call me. "Laura? Dear is that you? Come inside the kitchen" I sighed and answered "Yes Mom!" I walked to the kitchen and saw my mom cooking a somewhat feast! "Woah Mom! What's for dinner? Do we have guests or something?" I asked. "As a matter if fact, we do have guests! I made a new friend at work and she's a doctor too! I invited her and her family for dinner tonight and I expect you to be at you best behavior, alright dear?" She told me while cutting up some vegetables, I simply nodded and went back to my room. As I closed the door I heard my mom yell "Wear something elegant, okay dear?" I yelled back "Yes mom!"

*2 hours later*
YEEEESSSS! I'm done with homework! Now I can relax or something. Then I heard my dad laughing with my mom 'oh he must've went home while I was doing homework' I thought. Once again I heard my mom yell "Laura! Get ready dear! The guests will arrive in half an hour!" And with that I get up and looked for something to wear. I chose a white long sleeved dress which had lace sleeves and lace patterns (picture above). I did my hair and make up which was just simple beach waves and some eye liner, mascara, and lip gloss. I looked at the time and as soon as I did my mom called me. So I grabbed my phone and went to the kitchen where my parents are. My dad asked me to set the tables and I did what I was told. I helped mom with the drinks and laid it at the table. As I was fixing the last things on the table I heard the doorbell.

"Laura? Could you kindly open the door for the guests? Your dad and I are still fixing in here!" My mom yelled. And I did what I was told. I went up to the door and I fixed the creases on my dress. I finally opened the door to be greeted with...

A/N
Ohhhhhhh! Who do you think it is? 😂 I am not good with this but hiiiii! I am back! And I'm sorry if I just returned but I am so sorry if I was gone for a while and didn't tell any of you. I'll be active more often and I will be updating more! So yeah!