Chapter 8- Aftermath and meeting Sai

Kakashi and Gai arrived next then Lee then Neji, then Tenten then Naruto and Sakura, they all stared at Chika, Mai, Shu and Levi "how?" Gai wheezed "secret" Chika said with a wink "so your buying ramen then right Gai thanks" she said waving as she helped Kakashi off and carrying between two clones of herself "I'll be taking him" she laughed Kakashi sounded happy though as she carefully took him to the hospital.

"so you'll be here then" she said after listening to what the doctor had been saying Kakashi nodded as he started to sink into the mattress of the bed, "mm" was all he could make "so that means I'll be with two others huh" she trailed off Kakashi opened his eyes "ah... yeah" remembering how she knows things before they happen he nodded "in that case I better get going, before a certain someone really loses their temper" Kakashi looks at her in slight confusion "well... I'm not going to be a huge fan, an neither will Shu"

As she left, she poked her head in back in "and say hi to him for me" she said with a soft smile. Kakashi watched as she left like a whirlwind. "... Tenzo... you heard her right? She says hi" he looked to him.

Chika and Shu went to the café and relaxed when Naruto and Mai came in, with Shikamaru, Choji and Ino, "hey guys nice to see you" she said as she wrapped an apron round her waist, holding a hair band in her mouth. "Are you baking Chi-chan?" Choji asked with a smile on his face Chika nodded her head as he pulled her hair into a pony tail "I am, I'm making cupcakes" she said with a smile Ino clapped her hands together, "finally I miss your cupcakes, no offence to your staff but your cupcakes are the best!" she said Chika laughed at the comment shook her head as she carried on as they all watched and chatted.

"So, I hear Hikari should be back soon" Ino said looking over to Mai who was nodding with excitement as she stroked Levi's head. "yeah" as she spoke Kiba, Shino and Hinata walked into the café, "hey guys you're here" Kiba said as if it was something unusual Naruto looked over to Kiba and scowled slightly "yeah we live here" Mai looked over to Kiba and tilted her head, Levi walked over to Akamaru greeted him "heh they get along well" Kiba said with a small smile, Mai nodded as she enjoyed watching the two playing, enjoying Levi acting like a wolf dog, "mm, heh I like watching him play" Naruto watched Levi play when a thought crossed his mind. He didn't like how Kiba and Mai had something in common, "Mai, do you and Levi want to go to the park tomorrow?" he asked her quietly so only she heard, she whispered back "yeah, that'd be nice" he beamed back at her with a massive smile.

A day has past since the Konoha teams have left; For the rest of the day Hikari had isolated herself to her bedroom she shared with Gaara, she still had the image of him dead fresh in her mind and she couldn't get rid of it.

Hikari let out a quiet sob in the shower as she washed her dirtied body. She took in a shaky breath as she stepped out and wrapped herself in a fluffy towel, she stared at herself in the mirror and bit her lip to hold back another sob as tears welled in her eyes again. She hugged herself tightly as she began to silently cry, her eyes were squeezed shut and all she could see was Deidara sat on Gaara's corpse.

Hikari jumped a little when a soft knock came at the bathroom door, she sniffed and wiped her eyes dry before she opened it. Gaara stood there before her with a ghost of a smile upon his face, though he frowned when he noticed Hikari had been crying. He instantly took her face in his hands gently and wiped under her puffy eyes.

"What's the matter?" He asked softly, Hikari began to tear up again and her lip trembled. Gaara pulled her in for a hug and traced patterns on her bare back. She took a few calming breaths before she managed to speak,

"You died Gaara.." she whispered brokenly, "you died, if it wasn't for Chiyo you would still be dead and I-.. I can't get the image of you dead out of my head" she whimpered and nuzzled into the crook of his neck. Gaara breathed in and gave her a squeeze as he pulled back and lifted her chin to look into her blue eyes.