Chapter 12-Departing

Levi was sleeping on Mai's bed it's been 10 days since Shikamaru, Naruto and Kakashi had defeated Hidan and Kakuzu with extreme prejudice, Mai was gently stroking Levi's head, she's awake "Levi" she whispered softly so she doesn't stir him to quickly, "wake up" she shook him. Levi lifted his looking to directly into her hazel eyes, "Mai?" he said sleepily she nodded with a smile he grinned his doggy grin and threw his doggy arms around her. "Your awake" Levi said with relief.

Mai returned the hug, "where is everyone? What happened to Asuma?" she said in slight panic as she remembered "he's fine" he said to her, she looked him in the eye unsure of what was going on "you've been in a coma like state for a while, you know you've done something bad and the coma was a punishment right?" Mai nodded her head Levi placed his head on her hand he was so happy that she was awake.

Chika and Hikari were in the training grounds working on Hikari's clock jutsu so when she uses it'll freeze time on a large scale. It was a success; Shu was walking towards them "Mai's awake!" he called to them the girls ran straight to the hospital to find Mai dressed and ready to leave the hospital "Mai!" they both said at the top of their voices as they jumped at her embracing her into a hug. "Don't you dare do something so stupid and dangerous like that ever again!" Hikari said.

Mai nodded in the hug as she gripped onto their hugs. "It's good that you're awake though" she said with a smile on her face. Mai looks behind them and sees Jiraiya with his arms open "where's my welcome?" Mai, Chika and Hikari jump at him, making him fall to the floor he laughs as he enjoys the attention "when did you get back?" Mai asks

"Not that long ago but I heard a certain someone landed in hospital, so I thought I'd pop by before I say hi to Tsunade" he said ruffling Mai's hair, Chika gripped tighter on Jiraiya which he noticed. He looked to her in slight amusement "hmm? What's wrong?" he asked interested "did you miss me that much?" he teased what he wasn't expecting was the honest response he got from all of them.

"Yeah, we did" Chika said as she gave him one final squish. Jiraiya didn't expect such an honest and serious response "make sure you come by the cafe" Chika said as she pulled away from him giving him a smile. Mai and Hikari kissed either side of his cheeks "see you later" they said, leaving him on the ground as he watched them leave "they always leave me in such a shock" he shook his head with a smile as he touched his cheek.

Jiraiya brushed himself off as he made his way to the Hokage tower as he did in ran into Naruto and Kakashi "heh, Mai's awake" he said to them, Naruto looked at him in shock there were so many thing he wanted to ask but there wasn't enough time to. "I'll meet you at the cafe" Jiraiya said to him with a knowing smile, Shikamaru watched as Naruto ran off. Kakashi was talking to Jiraiya when Shikamaru stopped to listen "Mai's awake and well by the looks of things, the girls also seem to be happy as well" Shikamaru took off like a bullet running after Naruto.

Jiraiya looked at Kakashi "how are things?" he asked noticing he wasn't going with them Kakashi smiled to him "I'm. okay I. I'm a little embarrassed she knows dark sides of that I didn't want her ever knowing" he said he looked a little sad he felt himself. Jiraiya watched the silver haired man in front of him and patted him "but she never left. She still loves you right?" he said "so, why are you still here?" he asked him. With that Kakashi flashed from Jiraiya's side.

"Chika" Kakashi whispered into Chika's ear. Chika was in her room, when she spun around, she was about to shriek in shock, but her lips were captured by Kakashi his hot tongue caressing hers, stroking the roof of her mouth. He changed positions as he held her cheeks and stroked her hair with his fingers. When he finally let her go, both out of breath "I didn't mean to leave you the way I did, I'm sorry for hurting you like that. I love you so much" he said looking into her blue eyes "the fact that knew so much about me, the dark side of me and still stood by me" he said he drifted off. She pressed a gentle kiss to his lips with so much love "I will always stand by you" she said looking into his eye.