XII

I can feel the young boy on my laps emotions finally settle down a bit. At the moment he is sitting down on my thighs and is just resting his little head on my chest.

"Ok cutie. I would greatly appreciate it if I can ask you sone questions so we can get to know each other." He nods his head and sits up a bit to be at eye level with me. He stares at me for a little bit, but I guess he gets too shy from my staring and just looks down to twiddle with his thumbs.

I chuckle at that and go for holding his hands. "It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. Can you be a good boy and look up back at me?" He goes red and hesitates at first, but he eventually looks up at me again.

"There goes your pretty face." Letting my hand go up to one cheek to caress it. "Ok. So what's your name?" He opens his mouth to answer, but I don't hear anything come out. I move closer to him and let a little 'hmm?' He clears his throat and says, "Namjoon. Son of Alpha and Luna, Choi Siwon and Jin." I raise my eyebrows and give a smug look. "The only son of, what pack was it again?"

"Yes, very unfortunate. I am the only son of the leaders of the pack called The Moon Children. So very unfortunate." Why does he keep saying it like it's a bad thing. "Are you perhaps sad about being an only child? Because," Before I can even get out my thoughts Namjoon turns from sad to angry real quick.

"Sad about being the only child? That's why you think I'm sad? Are you serious? Do you not know how these things work? I am an ONLY child. The ONLY legacy from my parents and you know what that means?" I was going to try and be considerate to ask what that means, but Namjoon quickly beats me to it and tells me anyway.

"That clearly means I will be next in line. There is no older brother or sister for them to choose from. I will be the one responsible in taking care of the pack and I am just a little omega. And who is not to say that once my parents find out this man is my mate, they wouldn't force me to mate with someone we knew for years."

Oh fuck. So many things are wrong here.

"Damn. Are your parents that cruel to make us reject each other and put you through the pain of mating with someone that isn't your mate?" Namjoon sniffles a little and nods his head yes.

Damn. I quickly pull him into me and hug him as tight as I can. "Don't worry bub. I won't allow such a thing. I can maybe somehow meet him and become friends with him so he can gain my trust. Hopefully not find out about us until we are ready for all of that." I can't let Namjoon go through something as traumatic as that.

I look down and see Namjoon peel himself off of me. Wiling his tears he starts to speak again. "Before all of that mister. What's your name?" Smiling at him and his cute voice being scared to ask me my name I tell him. "Taehyung." He nods at that and goes back to cuddling with me, "Is that perhaps all you wanted to ask me little one?" He giggles and nods his head yes.

I glance at the clock by my bed and a horrified little scream cones out. Namjoon looks up at me scared. "School. It's important that you go." At that, Joon gets up a little to go under the covers and moves real close to me. Whispers a 'good night,' and cuddles into my pillows.

I guess playing hookie today would do him some good.

Goodness gracious, I hope Hobie went to school. He just got here, he can't afford to miss his second day of school.

I get up a but to get under the covers with Joon. I rest my arm over his waist and lay my head on top of his blonde locks. Kissing his forehead I allow myself to go back to sleep with him.

I hope everything is smooth sailing from here on out. I don't think my life can handle any more interesting shit to be honest.