Chapter 4

Melindas Escape

                   Melinda's dad did his daily routine with second glass of milk, but he forgot to put the drug in the glass and dropped it on the floor. An hour passed and the father sneaked from his room into the basement, turned Melinda's lamp off and locked the door.  He grabbed her two thin scrawny legs and then he started to undress her very slowly and at that moment Melinda woke up and within an instant kicked her father in the face grabbed a flashlight and ran away. She ran as fast as she could and left all her belongings at her retched house. She didn't go to the police station because her fathers brother Joe was a police officer and he also wouldn't believe a word she said. So she went to her best friends Cassie's house. Cassedie's mother didn't want Melinda to hang out with her daughter because Melinda's father wanted to molest both girls and then Melinda's mother just  avoided the problem.  Melinda knocked on the door five times each knock louder. With the sixth knock about to hit the door Cassedie's  mother opens the door and sees Melindas watery red eyes, pale face and  messy hair and lets her sleep in the couch withought asking a word about what happened. Melinda starts living there for the rest of her teenage years and starts working at the market near the ladies saloon a block away from the gentlmens club.