Chapter 8

The Barbecue             

                  Its been four dates later and a proposal, and John and Melinda have been incredible. John would give Melinda an expensive gift every date and the more dates the more expensive the gifts. On Melinda's second date with John he took her to a restaurant called Jazz plates. They heard smooth Jazz while eating a full course meal including desert. Melinda's third date John took her to  ball and bought her an elegant red dress that would stop from the knees but it was long and flowy from the backside.They danced the night away. Melinda was never use to this treatment as a child so she was very fond of John. On Melinda's third date John took Melinda to Ladies saloon to do some karaoke. On the fourth date John took Melinda to a family barbecue with his family and Melinda's so called family. Melinda actually brought Cassadies family because she didn't want John to know her whole messed up story about her dad molesting her and her mom locking her up in a basement for her child years. So she told him a little lie on the first date and said that she ran away and moved in with Cassadie. At the barbecue Melinda introduced Cassadie her step sister to Johns family. John had a younger sister named Wendy and an Older brother named Richard. When Cassadie met Richard her cheeks were blushing and her smile got a lot bigger  she fell in love with the first hello he said to her.But Cassadie didn't know that Johns Brother Richard had a girlfriend Fionna. While Cassadie was flirting, Richard didn't pay any attention at all. Fionna came an hour later . Fionna wore a petite dress with black polka dots and her blonde hair was in a bun, her lips were cherry red, and her heels were blood red. Fionna looked very confident she was almost a role model to Johns little sister Wendy. Fionna dated Richard for two years and the family adored Fionna unlike Cassadie they barely new the girl. Cassadie sat down in a corner while staring at Fionna in envy.  To put that aside. Melinda and John just had there fourth date so John told the whole family to gather round and thats when John took out the ring.