Day 21

THURSDAY:

I thought I would've had a plan when I woke up that morning, but I didn't. Instead, I was woken by a yelling mom.

Mom: "Wake the fuck up, you lazy sack of shit! School starts in an hour and you need to hurry up and get ready."

I didn't have the time or energy to say something back. So I get up and did what she told me to do. I was coming up with plans while brushing my teeth.

Maybe I can say I had detention. No. She said something about me getting in trouble

Possibly I could do something after school. That might work, but what do I do after school?

Say they needed you back for chorus like last year. Why would they need me?

Today's Thursday. Doesn't Mr. Bone have a club on Thursdays? Yes! What was it called?

I think Nerd Club. I'll just say that it's a club for kids that need tutoring and she'll think I called it nerd club on my own.

What Nerd Club really was, was just a place to hang out and to do whatever like playing with Pokemon cards, playing Call of Duty on whoever's xbox, plugging in a wii and playing some wii Mario Kart game, or something like that.

I could stay after school for Nerd Club so I can have an alibi and then I can go to the hospital, visit Ryan, come home, and tell my mom what we did at Nerd Club and I wouldn't be lying so she couldn't call me on my bullshit.

The hospital is only a 10 minute walk from school.

The plan was set in motion the second I stepped out of my door. I walked to school and got there early enough to have chicken biscuits with jelly, granola, and apple juice. I went to my homeroom, got my things, had a little argue with this girl that always has something to say. The class praised me whenever I got her good. I loved that. I use to do it all the time before I went to the hospital. It made me feel good and we never got in trouble for it because no one's ever heard us.

Then I went to social studies, learned about some guy from Spain that came over and made St. Augustine or something like that.

Then it was science, where we filled in the blanks again.

Then the electives. We drew complementary colors in FCS.

After that, it was language arts. We were still working on poems. Mr. Bones said that it was the only thing we were doing until school ends.

Then came math. We had a test that I know I passed. Not to be cocky, but math just comes easy to me.

When the bell rang for us to leave, at least 1/4th of each homeroom class came to Nerd Club.

Emily was there. Makes sense.

She walked up to me like I would to her.

Emily: "Hey. Sorry I had to leave yesterday. I just had to go home and do something."

Me: "Oh. It's fine.

"So. Why are you suspended from the high school?"

Emily: "I was caught giving my boyfriend a blowjob."

My eyes widened and my heart broke.

Emily: "Haha. I'm just fucking with you. I don't even have a boyfriend. The most I've done with a guy was kiss one on the cheek.

"I got suspended because my shorts were too short even though I don't have many clothes and all I have are these."

Me: "Oh. That was terrible joke, Emily. Haha. And I'm sorry about your shorts giving you trouble. I didn't think that would happen to someone who's 4 feet tall. I mean, my shorts are taller than you."