An Odd Kind of Wedding

(this chapter was written by my best friend!!!! she's so nice!!!!!)

Lev stood out in the pasture with Hayden, waiting for the important announcement today. Tons of kids crowded the field so he couldn't pick out any other friends, he was stuck with Hayden who was vaping into the crowd. Disgusting.

A puff of vape brushed past his face, Hayden's favorite flavor; sour batch kid. Lev feels violated. He doesn't like getting vaped on. But he's glad he's not next to starkey, he'll take vape over rape any day.

"Th- that's not very cash money of you, Hayden," Lev said, trying to tell a joke. Hayden looked at him like he was a piece of dog shit on the sidewalk so Lev looked away.

Suddenly, Bam appeared at the front of the crowd. "Can I have your attention, please??" She shouted out into the crowd. Lev noticed she was with Miracolina, this weird bunny girl who used to stalk him in 6th grade. He tried not to think of that.

"We have a very important announcement to make," she smiled, grabbing the other girl's hand. "Miracolina and I are engaged!! And we're getting married next week!!!" she said with glee and the whole crowd cheered except Lev, because he was confused as always. And starky didnt cheer because of his repressed homophobia even though he's totally gay.

"Except, there's a catch," Miracolina said, her bunny ears bouncing "You can only come on one condition- you have to bring a date!" She grinned cheerfully. The crowd had mixed feelings about that one. Lev felt his heart sink. He wanted to support his friends, but who was he supposed to go with?? If only CyFy were here. His eyes started to tear up.

The crowd then erupted into chatter as people struggled to find their prefered date. As the crowd starts walking, Hayden shoves Lev to the ground and he gets trampled. Hayden keeps acting out lately, Lev would wonder what was up with that if he wasn't currently being stepped on.

He whimpered, trying to get up, but he keeps getting pushed down by the crazed mob. Finally, someone helped him up. He stood as the crowd finally dispersed, face to face with Miracolina. "Hey," she said shyly, "Sorry about the crowd, we really should've found a better way to do this."

"I-it's fine." Lev responded, still remembering their awkward history.

"Also sorry I stalked you in 6th grade, I'm gay now," she said.

"I-I noticed."

"So......... we cool?"

"Y-yeah. Of course." he smiled.

"Awesome!!" She beamed, rabbit ears perking up again. "You better show up at the wedding! I hope to see you there," She said, before getting pulled away by the crowd.

Lev stood there alone. Now there was no way he could skip the wedding. Ugh. Finding a date to this thing would be hell on earth, but he has to be there. For his friends. And for Miracolina.

Later that day, Lev was roaming the halls, hoping to run into someone who could magically solve all of his problems. He knew he had to solve them himself, but he wasn't good at confronting them. He pondered on how to become tougher as he roamed the halls, then picked up on an argument from a closed door. His fluffy ears twitched as he stopped to
listen in.

"It's more complicated than that!!"

"You're being unreasonable. Just listen to me!!!"

Lev heard the argument from the other room. He recognized the voices as Risa's and Cam's. It was normal for them to argue, but they had been at each other's throats a lot more than usual lately. He was curious to know why, so he stayed by the door, sneakily listening in.

"Besides- that's illegal!!"

"nobody has to know,"

"If you go through with this you know what will happen to them."

"You- you wouldn't!"

"Oh, princess. You underestimate just what i would do"

...

Lev felt his stomach growling, and decided to move on. He figured that was none of his business, anyway. If Risa caught him snooping she'd fillet him like a fish. Mmmm, fish, he thought as he went to lunch.

Lev sat and ate his lunch alone. He couldn't get the thought of the wedding off of his mind. He hears footsteps behind him and his ears and tail fluff up, but before he could turn to see who it was, he felt a rag pressed over his face, and then everything went dark.

end of chapter 4