Eleven

Chapter 11

The sun was almost gone in the sky by the time Thor and Maria dragged themselves down from the hill, wondering carelessly back to the quaint little house. Thor almost didn't want to go back, but he didn't mind; he'd enjoy Maria's company just as much inside as out. Especially if he could teach her more fighting moves...

Maria had barely unlatched the door though when her name was hollered unmistakably from the road.

Jane crashed into her a second later.

Thor leapt back from the women tangled at the doorstep, even more glad he had done so as more women, all wearing short, brightly coloured corseted dresses, practically rammed Maria and Jane through the doorway, giggling hysterically.

He followed them inside, closing the door behind him as Maria finally tore herself free from the crowd and jumped defensively onto the couch. Her eyes scoured over the crowd of dressed up women cautiously, before finally settling on Jane at the head of the pack.

Jane, wearing a powder blue and white corset and frilly skirt, with white gloves up to her elbows, dark stockings on her legs ending in a pair of killer heels, put her hands on her hips. She grinned smugly. "You can't escape." she said, grabbing at Maria's arm and pulling her down to their level again. "You're a bridesmaid now, so you have to come to my hen night. You haven't got a choice in this. No arguing."

Thor stood back from the women as far as possible as they gently tried to manoeuvre Maria to the stair case. Her eyes were wide, her face draining of all colour.

"I- I haven't got anything to wear!" she protested shakily, as Jane's friends managed to angle her to the stairs.

"No worries." Jane called over the giggling, tugging Maria's arm up the stairs. "You're the one with the hot, hulky man so you get to be Belle in our little Disney Princess theme. Costume's sorted."

Thor had no idea what they were talking about, nor did he think Jane and her friends would harm Maria. Still, when Maria panicked, fearful eyes found his, he stepped forward to intervene. He was a second too late. The moment he moved, Maria was torn away, whisked up the staircase by the small huddle of women until her bedroom door slammed shut behind them.

Thor hesitated, still buzzing with confusion. What the hell had just happened? His frown was deep as he trotted up the stairs to demand Maria's return and answers, when Jane slipped out of Maria's room and stopped him at the top of the stairs, grinning mischeviously. Her hands planted firmly on her hips, and he knew she wasn't going to let him through without a fight. He tried to glance into the room behind her, but the door was solidly shut.

"Go back down." she ordered, surprising Thor speechless. "You'll see her in a minute. We won't hurt her, I promise."

Thor glared at the woman, momentarily loathing her. He could break into Maria's bedroom if he wanted to, but he was fairly certain it'd result in someone getting hurt, and he was sure Maria would not thank him for injuring her friends.

Reluctantly, eyes still narrowed, Thor turned to go back downstairs. Jane cackled behind him as he did.

"Trust me," she called after him. "It'll be worth it."

XXX

Thor couldn't say Jane had lied, as he sat in the very cramped taxi with the giggling women - it had been worth it. He'd had no idea what had been going on in the bedroom until the girls finally spilled back downstairs, Maria in tow.

He'd instantly risen to rescue her, but the moment his eyes clapped on her, he froze on the spot, mouth dropping. Maria was stood shyly in a bright yellow corset and frilly skirt that barely touched down her thighs, with the same dark stockings and heels the other girl wore. The bright colour of the dress complimented her hair, making it look even darker and luscious as her dark curls spilled over her shoulder, a delicate flower shaped hair piece holding one side back behind her ear. Her cheeks blushed scarlet as she tried - and failed - to cover herself.