Chapter Eight~

***********************************************************************************************World's End

Far out in Singapore. 

On the docks, Elizabeth ties the bow line. 

"And turn your sails toward home! Yo ho, haul together." she sings, then an east india company men approach. 

She re- ties the line as they pass. Then resumes the song. "Raise the colors high! Heave ho-." she starts "Thieves and beggars, never say we die." finishes. 

Then three guards appear out of the darkness of a huge sewer pipe. Their leader is TAI HUANG. 

"A dangerous song to be singing, for any who are ignorant of its meaning. Particularly a woman. Particularly a woman alone." says Huang "What makes you think she's alone?" ask a voice they all turn, Barbossa stands behind them, smiling. 

"You protect her?" ask Huang "What makes you think I need protection?" ask Elizabeth, Huang shouldn't have turned away: Elizabeth's knife is at his throat. "Your master is expecting us. And an unexpected death would cast a slight pall on our meeting." says Barbossa, he nods to Elizabeth she lowers the knife slowly. 

"You're Captain Barbossa." says Huang "Aye. And she be Elizabeth Swann. And Sao Feng has promised us safe passage." says Barbossa "For as long as it suits him." says Huang. 

Him and his men turn to lead them away -- stops, holds up a hand. East India Company agents go past. Huang gestures 'follow me' and leads them toward the huge sewer pipe -- As Huang leads Barbossa and Elizabeth toward the door of a low-slung, decrepit bath house. The two confer in whispers: "Have we heard anything from Will?"

"The whelp is more than capable of taking care of himself. But you, in the presence of Sao Feng, you'll be wanting to show a bit more diffidence than is your custom."

"He's that terrifying, is he?"

"He's much like myself, absent my merciful nature and sense of fair play." says Barbossa.

Huang raps out a signal on the door. A slit opens, eyes scan him, the slit closes, the door opens -- Huang stops, bars Barbossa and Elizabeth's way. 

"No weapons. Remove them, please." he says "Of course." says Barbossa he and Elizabeth lose their swords, pistols. Huang holds up a hand to stop Elizabeth. He gestures to her coat. "Did you you think because she is a woman, we would not suspect her of treachery?" says Huang "When you put it that way .." starts Barbossa Huang holds up a hand silencing Barbossa "Remove, please." he says to Elizabeth she rolls her eyes and strips off her coat. Huang takes it, and reveals two swords in hidden scabbards in the lining. Again, they start past -- Huang stops Elizabeth. again. she sighs and pulls out a really big gun from the back of her pants Barbossa didn't even see it and it was massive. Huang smiles. "Remove. Please." he says Elizabeth looks indignant, and shocked --

They walk in Elizabeth is self-conscious in a short robe and nothing else. She and Barbossa follow a DRAGON TATTOOED half-naked pirate into the bath house. They move past algae-covered tubs and leaky, rusted pipes. Elizabeth notes: all of the men have the same DRAGON TATTOO.

SAO FENG steps out of a tub; two attendants -- LIAN and PARK in corset-like outfits -- dress him in full pirate garb. Sao Feng does not acknowledge Barbossa and Elizabeth's presence. Barbossa gets it; he must speak first.

"Captain Sao Feng. Thank you for granting me this audience." he says "Captain Barbossa! Welcome to Singapore." says Sao Feng he turns to Lian "More steam." he finishes she nods and pulls on a rock tied to a rope and more steam filters in Sao Feng leans over a vent, waving it into his face. "I understand that you have a request to make of me..?" he ask "And a proposal to make to you. I've a venture underway, and I find myself in need of a ship and a crew." says Barbossa.