Chapter 3

It's been three weeks since David shot Mary and the town has been in shambles. Mark has barely said a word to me then again, and it is nearly impossible to get me to myself because Dimitri is up my ass or one of his men are. It is driving me up a wall, and he is still staying with me.

I can't get him out of the house, and honestly, he scares me to death, so I try to avoid him. Mary's funeral is today. The cops wanted to keep the body more, but her parents just want her laid to rest, but David won't be for a bit. Mark is coming over to pick me up since Dimitri has business to attend to, which is perfectly fine for me.

He was supposed to be gone by now from what I heard, but he is still here at my house. I'm in the shower now getting cleaned up before I leave. I didn't like Mary too much, but Mark did, and he needs me, which is why I'm going. Once I was finished, I dried off and blow-dried my hair as well.

I brushed it up and then put it up in a ponytail. I love having straight hair. Once I was done, I went into my room, put a pair of blue and black thong and bra set on. The minute I was done, I grab the simple black, V-neck dress that goes just below my knees I laid out.

The dress was tight, but all my dresses are so what can I do. I put a pair of black heels on and grab a tiny black bag to carry my keys, phone, and wallet in. By the time I was done, there was a knock at the door, making me go outside and see Mark. I hopped in the car and said: "It looks like hell outside."

I wasn't lying. It looks like it will rain at any point and time, but I guess that makes it a perfect day for a funeral. I buckled up as he said, "Yeah, it does. Thank you for coming."

I looked at him and said, "Of course, Mark."

I tuned most of the funeral until Mark said: "So what's going on with you and Dimitri."

He won't leave me alone, making I look at him and said: "Nothing he won't leave me alone."

"That's not good."

"Trust me, I know."

Mark started to tear up as her mom, and other family started talking about how much of a good person she was, which wasn't true, but you know what they say don't speak ill of the dead. It took about an hour for the funeral to be over, and by then, Mark was crying on my shoulder.

I held him as I said, "Let's go home, Mark, so you can rest."

He shook his head, and we left for his car, but Dimitri and his men were leaning on the car. Mark looked at them and said, "This is your fault."

"Mark, stop; we need to get you home."

He got out of my arm and got in his face. Dimitri just laughed, making me get in front of Mark and say, "Let's get you home, Mark. It's been a rough couple week on us all."

He pushed me into Dimitri, who wrapped his arms around me. I was excepting him to toss me to the side me. Instead, he helped me up and pushed me behind him. Dimitri growled, making me say, "Look, it's been a long day, and we don't need this. So let's just go home, Mark. This is not the time or place."

He put his head down and said: "I'm sorry, Luna let's go."

I went to get out from behind Dimitri, but he stopped me and said: "I will take her home."

I started to say something, but Dimitri growled "I wasn't asking Luna. "

He can be scary as hell, making put my head down and whimper. He sighed as Mark "No, I brought her here. I can take her home."

Dimitri growled again. This needs to stop. We are at a funeral, making me grab Dimitri's arm and said, "Please stop both of you. This no time to argue, plus it's getting cold out."