7 - Jason Dean / JD

I Just Want You - Jason Dean / JD x Reader

DD: Murder, Manipulation, Abuse, Extreme Jealousy, Possessive Behavior

Note: Pre-Heathers, this takes place right before JD moved to Ohio.

-

When he told her that he had to move again, she knew that she should've been upset. In a normal relationship, she would be. After all, she should've been upset he was going to move to Ohio, she should've wanted him to stay. However, a part of her was happy, and she had to hide it. If JD knew she was happy about it, things wouldn't go well. Lately, this 'relationship' felt more like a trap than anything else.

She didn't realize she had spaced out right after he told her, but his voice brought her back. "______? Are you okay?" he asked, waving his hand in front of her face. It looked like her mind had just leapt out of her body.

______ snapped back to the situation at hand, looking back at JD. "I'm fine, it's just... I had no idea that you were moving so soon. You're leaving Sunday?" she asked, and JD nodded. "That means we just have today and tomorrow. I wish you had known sooner; we could've gone somewhere special or done something."

"We can still go out one more time," JD assured her. "How about tomorrow night, I'll take you out and pay for everything. It's not like I have anything else to spend my money on."

"Shouldn't I be the one treating you? You're the one leaving, after all."

He shook his head. "Let be nice to you for a night, alright? My last night here, I want to leave you with something sweet to remember me by."

She smiled as JD continued to try to convince her. It was talk like this that made her fall for him in the first place, but once they started dating, everything changed. There were warning signs, of course, but she ignored them. It all started months ago, with that party...

-

______ and JD sat together at lunch, alone at a table not too far away from her friends. He insisted that he didn't want to sit with them, and despite her repeatedly assuring him that they were a good group of people, he still refused. She didn't want to make it a big deal, and besides, she didn't mind that much. She liked having alone time with JD. They were eating and joking around when one of her friends, Audrey, came up to them.

"Hey ______, you should come to my house tonight. My parents are out of town, so I'm inviting some people over. It's going to be fun," Audrey said excitedly. She tried to ignore JD, he freaked her out just a bit. The way he clung to ______ and the fact he never wanted to talk to anyone but her was off-putting. She hoped that this would give ______ time to talk to her friends away from JD again.

______ smiled back at her. "Sure!" she replied happily. JD looked over at her, and there was a certain look in his eye. He looked upset that Audrey had completely blocked him out, and annoyed that ______ was going along with it. There was a pause before she spoke again, looking back at Audrey. "Do you think that JD can come too?"

Audrey wasn't a huge fan of the idea, but at the same time, she didn't have any reason not to invite JD. He freaked her out enough where she didn't want to say no right in front of his face, so instead she just slowly nodded. "Yeah, sure..." she trailed off. "See you tonight."

______ didn't think much of it, and when night came, JD picked her up to head over to Audrey's house. They both rode on his motorcycle, and she didn't feel the least bit unsafe with him. She didn't understand why people at school were avoiding him like a plague. Sure, he didn't have the most open personality, but talking to him wasn't social suicide. ______ was still getting invited to parties, after all.