Underneath the lies ...

Ray's POV
Something told me not to believe her the minute I made her promise but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. What the fuck was I thinking ? She'll never leave that nigga . No matter how bad he treats her . She'll run back to him before she runs to me any day .
Bahja : So you let Nique go without saying goodbye ?
Ray : 😒
Bahja : I know she broke her promise but Ray you love her and you know you do . That's your bestfriend .
Ray : WAS my bestfriend . Bestfriends don't break promises
Bahja : 😑 What about the time when you -
Ray : I don't wanna hear it .
Bahja : Look . We both know that she made a stupid decision . I'm mad that she's back with him too . But that's our friend . You just got to give her a little time . Zoey's her first love .
Ray : First love ? That nigga aint shit but her first mistake .
Bahja : What about that night between you and Bre ? Wasn't that a mistake ? We all make mistakes don't we ?
Ray : That don't have shit to do with this !
Bahja : Well next week I'm going to see her and I would appreciate it if you would come with me .
Ray : I don't wanna see her . I have nothing to say to her .
Bahja : Yes you do . You're just mad at her right now and I undertsand .
Ray : Yeah , Whatever .
--------------------------------------
2 Days Later
* Phone Rings * Ugh . I look at the screen . I still don't wanna talk to her. I mean ofcourse I wanna talk to her but as mad as I am right now I might end up cursing her out and saying a whole bunch of shit I'm gonna regret saying . I miss her like hell . 😔 She just don't know how much she means to me . She don't know how breaking that promise really fucked up the trust I had for her . She could look me dead in the eye right now and tell me she loves me and I wouldn't even believe her . At this point , I wanna give up . I don't have no bestfriends . She can be with that idiot all she wants . She'll learn one day . But when she's crawling back to me I'm not gonna be there . Harsh ? Oh well . I'm not a fucking rebound nigga . She just needs to open her eyes and see that for herself .
" Yo it's ya man Ray . I'm probably busy right now so just leave a message after the beep and If I care , I'll hit ya back up " * Beep*
" Ray ? Look I know you hate me alright . Bahja told me how you said you might never talk to me again . It's okay . I understand . I just want you to know i'm sorry for everything . You might not believe a word I'm saying but just know you're truly the world's greatest bestfriend and I appreciate you for being there for me when no one else was . I miss you so much . I wish our friendship would've never ended the way it did . But I love you and I miss you . Hopefully you'll forgive me one day . "
I could hear the sobs and sniffs in between her words . Maybe she does really think about me . Maybe she does love me 😌 but that still don't make up for her breaking the promise . Not only that , she ripped my fucking heart out . I might sound like a bitch but I don't care . Niggas have feelings too .
------------------------------------------
Zonnique's POV
Ugh . Ray wont answer none of my calls 😩 I mean damn ... I know I fucked up .. Again and again and again but at least hear me out . I really miss him . If only he know how truly sorry I am for breaking his promise . But he wont even talk to me 😒
Pops : Hey baby girl , why the sad face ?
Zonnique : Nothing . I'm fine
Pops : You don't look fine to me . What's wrong ?
Zonnique : Nothings wrong . I'm fine
Pops : Don't lie to me . I know there's something . You just don't wanna tell me . Is it that Zoey boy ?
Zonnique : No dad 😑
Pops : How about I take you out , just the two of us ?
Zonnique : No annoying wife ? 😏
Pops : No annoying wife
Zonnique : Okay
I grab my purse and we head out the door.
Pops : So you never did tell me much about that boyfriend of yours ? Your moms say he's a fool
Zonnique : He's not a fool . Mom never likes my boyfriends . Zoey is actually very funny and laid back . She never even bothered to give him a chance
Pops : She also told me how he cheated on you . That ... I didn't like to hear . Explain that
Zonnique : *sighs* Dad that was a while ago . He's faithful now
Pops : I don't care how long ago it was . I already don't like him and I haven't even met him yet . Don't give me that he's faithful now bullcrap . I think I need to have a talk with this young man
Zonnique : Here you go 😒
Pops : Zonnique you are my daughter . I have the right to know who you are dating . Now If I don't like him , you can't date him anymore .
Zonnique : I'm old enough to make my own decisions thank you .
Pops : I don't care how old you are . You're not grown !
Zonnique : So that means I don't have a say in who I date ?
Pops : No that means you're not ready to make all of your decisions on your own Nique . You're only 17
Zonnique : Whatever .
I say officially irritated and ready to leave . Everything would've went fine .. He just had to bring Zoey up. Zoey is this and Zoey is that . I don't think I like Zoey . He need to shut his mouth because He don't even know Zoey . Him and my mom are always quick to be judgemental . Get to fucking know the man first before you talk about him !
------------------------------------------
Pops : I wasn't done talking to you !
He's yelling at me while I stomp up the stairs . Right now I can care less about anything he's saying . He sure didn't wanna listen to what I had to say . Yeah that's my dad but I feel that if he don't have to listen to me , I don't have to listen to him.
Pops : Zonnique Jailee Pullins !
I close my room door to leave him to his madness . Leave me alone 😠 10 seconds later he bustes in .. Doing too much as usual .
Pops : I know you heard me calling you little girl
Zonnique : Yeah I heard you
Pops : Oh so you're gonna ignore me right ?
Zonnique : You didn't try listening to me either dad
Pops : Yes I did
Zonnique : No you didn't ! The only person you listen to around here is your wife anyways ! Go talk to her
Pops : Don't drag her into this . You know this has nothing to do with her . This is about you
Zonnique : Well I'm making it about her . Enough about me , just cut me some fucking slack for once .
Pops : What did you just say ?
He says walking up to me . He's really mad now but I still don't care . I wanna go home . But all she's gonna do is argue too . I aint got time to be arguing with nobody right now .
Zonnique : I said ... Just cut me some fucking slack for once !
Pops : Have you lost your damn mind little girl ?!
He says grabing me and shaking me just like Zoey did . Only he's way bigger and stronger than Zoey . I got out of his grip but he grabbed my arm . He looked down at my wrist then back at me . He could see tears whelming In my eyes . That's when I knew this shit is about to get critical . I tried snatching away but he pulled me close to him and held me still so he could get a better look . He saw the bruises . The bruises Zoey gave me a couple days ago before I left .
Pops : What's this ?
Zonnique : My bracelet was giving me a ring around my wrist so I took it off
Pops : Do I look like I was born yesterday ? This aint come from no bracelet .
Don't cry . Whatever you do , don't cry . I say over and over in my head . If I cry my make up will smear and he will see the bruise under my eye .
Pops : I KNOW THAT DAMN ZOEY AINT DO THIS SHIT ?
Zonnique : N-no
Pops : You a damn lie .
He says pulling me out the door and to the car .
Zonnique : Where are we going ?
Pops : I'm about to drive out there and find this Zoey dude .
Zonnique : Why ?! He didn't do anything
Pops : You're lying to me . I already know it
Don't cry Zonnique . Be calm ... Think . Think
Pops : What's this boy's address ?
Zonnique : I'm not telling you anything
Pops : Thats fine . I'll get it from your mother
He says speeding up the street . This is at least gonna be a three hour ride so I got a lot of thinking to do . If I get out , he'll come after me instead of Zoey . But then again .. Ugh . Think fucking think ! That's when I grabbed the wheel . The car is swerving and hitting corners .
Pops : Are you trying to kill us ?!
He say pushing me off and trying to remain focus but I keep trying to grab the wheel .
Zonnique : Just let me out ! I'll walk if I have to
Pops : You're not going anywhere
That's when I opened the door and jumped out . But of course he stopped . I ran . Ran as fast as I fucking could . It's the only thing I could think of .
---------------------------------------------
I think I lost him 😩😭 I'm exhausted and I feel like i'm about to die . My only thought was Ray . Ray , Ray , Ray . I say slow draggigg up the street . I been roaming around for three hours . This is gonna be a long ass trip .