Dianne Buswell

As dianne walked up onto the ship she felt sea sick. She didn't like boats anything about them. Every aspect made her feel uneasy. She hated the though of being in a boat for a long period of time which was a problem considering her family had just booked themselves a month and a half cruise trip around Europe.

Dianne is part of the buswell family. They are the the most well known family in the whole of Australia. Dianne grew up learning how to drink and eat like a lady and paying sports like tennis to keep her occupied. She hated being trapped in a life so controlled by her parents and her fiance who she did not love.
Her parents picked out who she would marry being the only daughter the had. They had chosen a posh chap who matched there descriptions perfectly.
His name was Peter and he was 5 years older than her which dianne hated. He was very particular about himself and the way dianne dressed so that when together he could show her off which dianne also didn't like.
Dianne was 19 and Peter was 24, so for someone as young as her she felt quite scared being trapped in a relationship with someone much older than her . The wedding was at the end of the year and she had a 1960s style dress to get married in. The family maid designed and sewed meterials together to make the dress and it was a big event for not just the family but the whole of Australia. Dianne was also forced to get pregnant before she turned 21. This was the part that scared her the most. The fact that she would have to cary a baby so young with a guy she disnt loved really got to her. She didn't want to do any of this and that was what she hated.

"dianne watch where your going"
Her mother shouted but in a calm Manner at her

"sorry mother I wasn't looking where I was going"
She said back and then carried on walking up on to the big ship.

It was called Victoria ocean and it was a relatively new ship. It was one of the biggest in the world and had over 600 crew members who were told had to be very professional around the first class guests

As dianne walked don't the ship she saw other familys walking around in big fancy top hats and formal dresses but nothing like her family's. They were very old fashioned and liked to do everything the posh 60s and 70s way. They wore frilly dresses and suits with waistcoats which would itch on the skin but made a good impression to others.

"good afternoon madame"
A young boy said as he looked at dianne and took her hand to help her onto the ship

"thanks you sir"

The guy had brown hair which was styled to the side. He was waring a dark blue modern suit with a blue and white tie. He had one hand behind his back and the other out to help people onto the boat.
Dianne watched him help Peter and her mother onto the boat then followed by her brothers and their wifes and her dad.

The walked into the main open room on the first class section of the boat and dianne was memorised. It was decorated with blue and golden aspects but mainly had white walls and a tiled floor. They walked around, Peter holding her arm and everyone else walking in a double file fashion. Walking up to their room they placed there cases down and walked over to the fire place. Dianne was sharing a room with Peter with her parents and brothers staying in rooms along the hall.
Dianne walked along the hallway and up to the fire place and looking in thee mirror. She had dark red hair which she wanted to dye brighter but her parents woudp never let her. She wasn't allowed because of rules that they had put on place for her.

Later on in the evening at dinner time dianne placed her thin but warm jacket on to walk down to the ships restaurant. Greated by her mother and father they sat down and there food was presented in front if them. It was plated beautifully but was not good enough for her fussy parents. They had to have everything perfect which for them was a lot.

Dianne hated the way her parents would complain about how not perfect it was. All she wanted to do was stand up and run away to a guy she really loved so she could have a normal life like a normal girl