I

TONI POV:

I've been dating Cheryl for a 2 years now, and she knows that I have a son named Thomas and I know she has a son named Jason both are 16. We're getting married in June and our kids officially met, they know each other from school and they hate each other. Why? Because Thomas has some anger issues because his father left us when he was 5 and he feels like it's fault so he lashes out on other people and Jason is the perfect target. No Offense to Cheryl's parenting! It's just Jason is gay and has some of his own issues. "Jason? As in Jason Blossom? You know I hate that kid right?" Thomas yells. "I know but you're gonna have to get along with him." I whisper to him. "He's annoying!" Thomas yells. "He's going to be your step brother!" I yell back. He looks down. "But he's weird." I look down and take a deep breath. "Jason is not weird. He's just got some stuff going on personally." I whisper. "Ok?" I ask quietly. "Like what?" He ask quietly. "First. His parents are divorced, like me and your father. He was one of the kids at Riverdale Middle and he never took that well." I whisper to him. He looks down. "Maybe you should stop being a dick to him. He's been through actual hell." I whisper. "When are we seeing them?" He ask quietly. "Tomorrow night. Try to be nice." I walk out of the kitchen.

CHERYL POV:

"But he's mean!" Jason whispers. "I talked to Toni. She said she'd talk to Thomas." I whisper. "He's been through some stuff." I whisper. "Probably not as bad as me." I take a deep breath. "Jason. He hasn't seen his father 10 years." He shrugs. "So?" I look at him. "Jason. Just try to give him a chance outside of school." I whisper. "Come on." I fix his hair and we leave. We go to Toni's and eat dinner. The boys get into a argument over nothing. I look at Toni. "I'm sorry about that." I whisper after both our kids stormed off in the opposite direction. "It's fine." She whispers. "I talked to Thomas, I don't know what happened." She plays with the fork nervously. "You ok?" I ask quietly. She smiles. "Yeah." I cup her cheek and kiss her. "I love you babe." She whispers. "I love you too." She looks down. "What's wrong?" I ask concerned. "I'm just worried about them." I take a deep breath. "We both are." I whisper to her. "Mom." I look up at Jason. He looks like he's about to pass out. "I'll be back in a minute." I get up and bring Jason to the bathroom. I cup his cheek and rubs it. "It's ok." I whisper. He shakes his head. I pull him into a hug. "You're ok." I rub the back of his head. "Can we go home?" He ask quietly. I take a deep breath. "In a minute." I whisper.

"Go to bed bud." I whisper. He shakes his head. "Ok! Do you want to relax?" He nods. "Ok, get into PJs though." He nods. I sit down for a while and he's taking longer than usual. So I get up hoping he's asleep but he's frozen sitting down on his bed in his room. "Jason." He take a deep breath. I sit next to him. "Talk to me." I whisper in his ear. He breaks down crying. "I can't." He cries. "Take a deep breath bud." I whisper to him. We sit there until he falls asleep in my arms. The sad part about this is it happens a lot. I rub his back and hold back tears. I lie him down and tuck him in. I kiss the top of his head.

TONI POV:

"What did I tell you?!" I ask frustrated. Thomas looks down. "He's weird." I look at Thomas. "Thomas. He has issues." I whisper. "Just please talk to him tomorrow." He nods. "Ok.