II

THOMAS POV:

I walk into the school and Jason is at his locker. I don't know why I'm so mean to him. He's not a bad person. I walk over to him. "Please don't hurt me!" He flinches. "No! I just came over to see if you were ok. I know you guys had to leave early because you weren't ok." I whisper. "I'm fine." He shuts his locker slowly. "My mom told me what happened." He stops from walking away. "If I knew before I wouldn't have given you so much shit." He looks to make sure no one is looking and walks me into the Blue and Gold. "I'm sorry." I whisper. "When?" He ask quietly. "Before we went over." I confess. "So why did you still choose the get in a argument with me?" He ask quietly. "Because you're so lucky." He looks up. "My parents are divorced and I watch my classmates get shot in front of me. How can you be jealous?" He ask pissed off. "Because you're open about your sexuality." I confess. He looks down. "You're the football captain, you have everything you need. Even Toni is Bi!" He shrugs. I look down. "Wait you don't have feelings for me right?" He ask panicking. "No! That's weird. You know the Jones kid?" Jason smiles. "Trust me. He's a straight as a arrow. I tried." He looks down. "Oh. Don't you have a boyfriend?" I ask quietly. He shakes his head. "No I just told his sister that so she would get off my back. I'm not really into anyone right now." He whispers. "Have you talked to Toni about this?" I ask quietly. "No. She doesn't really care though. She doesn't ask if I have a girlfriend or boyfriend." I whisper. "I'm I the first person you've told this to?" I nod. "Yeah." I whisper. He steps closer. "I'll listen if you need to talk." I shrug. The bell rings and we go to different our classes. I take a deep breath. "We're you just hanging out with that faggot?" One of the stupid football guys ask. I ignore him. "You were totally fucking the fag!" I stand up and punch him.

"Thomas Topaz!" Mom yells as she slams the door to my room. I look up at her. "Why would you punch him?" I look away. "Thomas this isn't you." She kneels in front of me. "Is everything going on to much? Because we can talk if you want." I shake my head. "You told me to be nice to Jason. I did and now everyone thinks he's my boyfriend because we're both gay." I confess. I've never said that out loud. Oh god. "I shouldn't have said that." I whisper going back to my notebook. She sits there for a minute and grabs a chair. "It's ok." She whispers. "Obviously! I would be a shitty parent if I was happy with a woman and didn't let my son do the same. Also." She stops me and makes me look at her. "I kinda knew. Since you were about 5." She smiles. "Do you want to know something?" She ask quietly. I nod. "That's why you're fathers left. I said that something was up and he didn't want to admit it. He said he didn't want me to turn you gay so I threw him out because I didn't want you around that." She whispers. "So it is my fault?" She shakes her head. "No! It's your fathers fault for not exempting you." She kiss the top of her head. "I love you no matter what. Just promise me you won't become a murder." I laugh. "It's to much work. I have to hide the body and cover it up." She smiles. "God you're life is so hard, man." She says sarcastically. I smile. "I'm guessing I'm still in trouble?" She nods. "Yeah. But I'm just gonna take your phone away. I know you need your computer and stuff." She whispers. "If you need to talk though. I'm here." I take a deep breath. "Why Cheryl?" I ask quietly. She shrugs. "We dated in high school, broke up, married other people, realized it wasn't right and found each other." She whispers.

JASON POV:

"Jason what's wrong?" Mom walks over to me. "I just had a long day." I whisper snapping out of my thoughts. I take a deep breath. "Do you need anything?" I shake my head. "I just need to be alone right now." I whisper. "Ok bud. Tell me if you need anything." I walk into my room, which is really empty. Toni and Thomas are moving in with us. I just have really bad anxiety when there's a lot of stuff in my room. I stand near the mirror and see the gun shot on my shoulder. I rub my finger over it and everything from that day comes back. I take a deep breath and lie down until the panic attack is over. I guess I fell asleep because I wake up to mom rubbing my back. "Mom?" I look up. She doesn't say anything just comforts me. I'm 16, I shouldn't have to be treated like this but I need it. "You have therapy at 5. Do you want to pick something up on the way or after?" I shrug. "I'm not really hungry so after." She nods. "Ok. I love you bud." She whispers. I nod. That's my way of saying it back. I'm not really good with expressing emotions. "Do you want to talk?" She ask quietly. I shake my head. "I do have a few questions." I sit up. She nods for me to go on. "Well, first when do I have physical therapy?" I ask quietly. "Tomorrow at 4." Mom whispers. "Ok, second. When- when are Toni and Thomas moving in?" I ask playing with moms shirt. "In July. We have to go on the honey moon. Ok?" I nod. "Where am I gonna be?" I ask curiously. "With your mom. I don't know what Toni is doing with Thomas. Probably gonna be here if you want to stay here with him." I shrug. "I'll figure it out later." I take a deep breath. "You ok bud?" I nod. "Why did you and mom separate?" I ask quietly. "Because we didn't love each other and everything that happened with you in 7th grade really test that, we both agreed to end things before it got worse." She whispers. "I still love Veronica but not like that." She tells me "Ok." I whisper. "Let's get you ready." She helps me out of bed. I have most of my movement back, I just can move my left arm that well since I was shot in that shoulder. "Do you want a new shirt you kinda sweat through this." She smiles softly. I nod and she grabs me a new shirt. I get my shirt off and the new one on. "No." I take it off. "What's wrong?" She ask quietly. "The tag is bothering me." She nods and give my a new one. "Better?" I nod.