VII

JASON POV:

"You'll be ok, right?" Mom ask nervously. "Yeah, I'll call Mama if something happens." I hand mom her bag. "Ok." She cups my cheek. "We'll see you guys in a week." She kisses the top of my head. Mom and Toni walk out of this house. I turn around to Thomas. "I know you got high." He looks at me pissed off. "Don't worry. I'm not going to tell Toni but you do have to worry about Devon telling his parents because Liz was their with you." He looks down. "You really love him." He whispers. "It's only because of his smile." I look down blushing. "What?" Thomas ask confused. "He asked me out and I almost said no, but he smiled." I giggle. "Speaking of Devon! I need the keys to your truck I'm meeting him at Pops and I don't-." I stop myself. "Never mind I have my mom's." I grab the keys and go to Pops. I walk in and find Devon, he doesn't look ok. I sit down in front of him. "Hey." He smiles sadly. "You ok?" I ask quietly. He shakes his head. "I'm not breaking up with you." He whispers. He looks up at me. "My dad want me to join the serpents and I know you kinda hate them." I take his hands. "What if you don't?" I ask quietly. He shrugs. "I have no choice." He pulls out a paper. "I kinda need help though. If I'm going to join the serpents." I look at the paper. "I don't hate the serpents." I whisper. "What do you need help with?" I ask quietly. "I need to memorize these by tonight." I look at him. "When did you get this?" I ask knowing the answer. "Before school ended." He whispers. "Dude!" He looks down. "Can you just help me?" I nod. "Yeah." I nod. "But I'm hungry." I smile. "Ok." He laughs a little.

"Why didn't you tell me about this though?" I ask as Devon paces my room. "Because I thought you would be mad! And I thought I could do it." He looks down. I sit at the edge of my bed. "Dev..." I take his hand and pull him close. "When have you ever been able to do that?" I ask quietly. "Never." He looks at me. I play with his hand. "Let's start from the top!" I look at the paper.

"What happened?" Devon ask rubbing the scar on my shoulder. I stop him. "I don't want to talk about it." I whisper. "I'm sorry." He whispers. "Come here." He pulls me closer. "Turn around." He smiles. I roll over and he raps his around. "I'm sorry." He whispers again. "It's fine." I whisper. "When do Toni and your mom get back?" Devon ask sitting up. "Next week. Why?" I ask turning to face him. "Because we don't have to sneak around them." He smiles. "Yes, but Thomas has moved in." I whisper. He kisses my shoulder. "Damn. He's gonna be sneaking around with my sister." He lies down next to mine. I hear my phone buzzing like crazy. "That's it!" I look at my phone. I pick it up. "Hey, mom!" I grab my underwear and throw it on. "Is everything ok?" I look at Devon. "Yeah!" I smile. "Did I interrupt something?" I roll my eyes. "No!" I lie. "But I do have to go!" I try to get off the phone. "Ok. Bye." I hang up. "God!" I throw my phone on my beanbag chair. I lie down next to Devon. "What happened?" He ask quietly. "Nothing." I sigh. "Sometimes my mom worries to much. I know why, but it's just hard." Dev smiles sadly. "I know you don't want to talk about it." I shake my head. "We need to be open with each other." He rubs my cheek. I look down. I sit up. "I still have nightmares." Devon sits up. "I think about it everyday. I was the only person in that class." I look at Devon. I watch him put everything together. "You were the kid from Riverdale Middle?" I nod holding back tears. "I told you I didn't want to talk about it." I get up and throw my clothes on. "Jason. I'm sorry." I shake my head. "Can you just go home. I need to be alone right now." He gets dressed and leaves. I lie down on my bed and cry. I don't know for how long but I fell asleep.

THOMAS POV:

I walk upstairs and see Devon sitting outside Jason's room. "What are you doing?" I ask quietly. "He's asleep." He whispers. "Oh. You should probably call Cheryl. She knows how calm him down." I tell him. "Yeah." He stands up. "Please say you won't tell your parents about me and Liz getting high at the wedding." I panic. "I won't!" I sigh in relief. "But, if you hurt my sister even a little. I will them. Also I know you're on the football team and you think you're tough but I have a bat you and a helmet and some shoulder pads." He smiles. "I won't." I smile nervously. "Ok." The door slowly opens and Jason comes out.

JASON POV:

I slowly open the door and see Thomas and Devon standing there. Thomas awkwardly walks to his room. "I told you to go home." I whisper. "Yeah. You were also on the brink of tears." He whispers. He hands me Pops. "I'm sorry about that." He smiles nervously. "It's fine." I whisper. "Are you sure. Because if not we can fight about it and than celebrate because he had our first fight." I laugh a little. "This is why I love you." I pull him into a kiss. "Now let's go downstairs because I don't allow food in my room." We go downstairs. "Isn't that you're mom's job?" He ask quietly. "Yeah but I have my pet peeves." I whisper.