III

JASON POV:

"How's mom doing?" I look up and Mama (Veronica Lodge). "Fine." I whisper. "How are you?" She ask concerned. "Better." I say nervously. "How's school?" I shake my head. "Sorry." She whispers. "It's fine." I whisper. "Have you talked to mom?" I ask quietly. "Even though you guys are separated. She still cares about you and I think hearing from you, might help her feel better about moving on." I say nervously. "I'll talk to her." She nods. Theres a loud bang and I jump. "Hey! It's ok. It's probably fireworks or something." Mama whispers. "Hey! Take a deep breath." She lies her hands on my shoulders. "Breathe." I take a deep breath. "You're ok bud." I nod. "I'm ok." I whisper. "You know you don't have to come here you have a choice." Mama whispers. "I know. It's just part of my schedule. Honestly when I turn 18 and don't have to come here I will still show up." I whisper.

CHERYL POV:

"How was he?" I ask Veronica awkwardly. "Fine!" She smiles. "He had a panic attack but it was fine I calmed him down." I take a deep breath. "Can we talk?" She ask quietly. I nod. "You know I still love you. But." She sighs. "I know you love Toni more than anything and I know we made a huge mistake. But I want you to know that I'm not upset about you guys getting married. Jason needs a better support system and we've known Toni since high school, I know she'll take care of him and I just want you to know that I support you guys." She ramble. I take a deep breath and look down. "You know I still love you but not the same way you love me." She nods. "I know." She whispers. "Mom." I look back at Jason. He's holding the keys to the car. "No!" He looks down. "I'll see you later." I whisper. I walk to the car and we drive off. "How was it?" I ask quietly. "Fine. We went to this cool carnival thing." He whispers smiling happily.

"I'm just worried about Jason." Toni whispers playing with my hair. "I don't think he likes me." She whispers. "He does he just doesn't know how to express that." I smile. "He still is processing the divorce." I whisper to Toni. "How's Thomas doing about all of this?" I ask quietly. "He's ok. He getting along with Jason!" She smiles. "I love you." I whisper cupping her cheeks. "I love you too baby." I kiss her. "Mom!" The door bust open. "Oh. Sorry." Thomas walks out closing the door behind him. "Oh god. I'm sorry. I thought he was out with the football guys, he must have come home early." She apologizes. "It's fine." I whisper. "I should check on him though." She gets up from the couch and goes to out of the room.

TONI POV:

I walk out and Thomas is pacing the kitchen. "Bud." He looks up. "What's wrong?" I ask quietly. "I don't know." He whispers almost in tears. "Bud." He starts crying. I hug him. "I talked to dad." He whispers. I look at him. "I'm sorry." He cries.

"I'm sorry I ruined your night." Thomas whispers. "It's fine." I whisper. Check comes down from my room. "Hey man." She smiles. "So you lied to me?" I ask looking at Thomas. "What?" He looks at me confused. "Last night you said you were with the football team." He looks down. "They kinda hate me right now." Cheryl looks up from pouring coffee. "I'll give you guys some time alone." She whispers walking out. "Why?" I ask quietly. "Mom I punched Kyle." He whispers. "Right." I whisper. "I lied because I didn't want you to stop me from talking to him." He whispers. "I needed closure." He confesses. I take a deep breath. "I didn't tell him about you and Cheryl so don't worry about him coming after you." I look at him. "Bud." I look at him. "I never wanted to see him again. So you don't have to deal with me sneaking out to talk to him." He gets up and walks away. "Toni." Cheryl whispers. I look back at her. "I don't want to talk about it." I whisper drinking my coffee. She sits next to me. "You sure?" Cheryl ask quietly. "I haven't spoken to him in 10 years. All of a sudden Thomas has this fascination with him. Probably because I don't want him to know about his father." I hold back tears. "I don't want Thomas exposed to him. He's a good kid and I know Jason will probably say different but. Thomas is not his father and doesn't need to be. I don't want him to be either." I whisper to her. "He won't trust me. You're raising him." She whispers to me. "And Jason doesn't hate him. Not anymore at least." I look at her. "Jason told me what happened."