Naïve

I thought you were a wolf in sheep's clothing but today you've shown me you're just a kitten frightened of its own shadow.

I thought you were too focused on making others happy rather than yourself but tonight you've shown me you're just a puppy waiting for orders from its demanding master.

I thought you a mighty strong beast , with wisdom far beyond his age but all you've seemed to prove to me is that you're nothing but a chick too afraid to learn how to fly on the wings of life.

You sit in your tall tree top being fed lies and speak of wise words you've only ever encountered through the experiences you've heard by others.

Wake up baby bird , your friends have all grown and flown away. To another life you won't be a part of. And no one else is to blame but yourself.

The winds of change come and go yet you sit cosy , with a belly full of poison and feathers used to comfort in times of self pity. Oh what a waste of healthy life! On a soul too afraid to take risks when that was its only purpose of existence.

Baby bird , lost puppy , frightened kitten , your world was swept right out beneath you but you're too intoxicated by the venom fed by the serpent you call a partner to notice your own demise