Thirty seventh scene

But Abdullah, you seem to forget I was raised by the snake herself... Azize Hanim was the one who taught me how to think and act in the most cold way possible. And if she can be ruthless, I can be ruthless too... in a way she has never seen...

Reyyan woke up, her hands and feet tied up, unable to speak for her mouth was covered with a piece of cloth. She could see she was in a dark place, which smelled dreadfully, as if there was something rotten next to her. It looked like a barn, dirty and she started to feel something hairy, moving towards her... rats, for sure. She was thirsty, hungry... her wedding gown totally ripped apart, dirty and her hair, a mess. She could feel her mouth sore; probably due to several slaps Yaren had inflicted her.

In her head, millions of questions: why? Who had helped Yaren? Was Miran safe? And Gül, her precious Gül, where could she be? The simple thought they had hurt her little sister made her cry, desperate for feeling so powerless over her situation. And her parents... What would they think of her? Would they think she was dead? She suddenly felt a huge anger against Yaren and whoever was with her, behind that coward attack. Pushing those ropes, slashing her skin was hopeless: they were too tight, and it was impossible to stretch them out. However, she felt the cloth was getting more and more loose, as she started to move her jaw so, few minutes later, she could, at least release herself from that dirty bandage, soaked in blood.

Reyyan immediately started to cough, trying to catch her breath. She instantly starting to cry for help but all she could get in return, was the sound of her own voice, in a lonely, hurtful and miserable echo. There was no one around and all she could hope for, was that Miran would get to her, somehow... A miracle was all she needed, and maybe for her father and Miran to join forces. Maybe then she would have some hope to be rescued... otherwise...

Abdullah was waiting for Hazar Sadoglu in his living room, trying to figure out the best way to tell him that Reyyan had been kidnapped by his niece. Gül had arrived with him and had gone straight to her room, upstairs, with her mother, without explaining why she had arrived alone and, most of all, with that man. Hazar then entered the room, followed by Zehra, still puzzled by the fact her daughter had arrived by that man's hand.

- Abdullah Bey... you... here... Can't say it's a pleasure, rather a surprise... - Hazar stretched his arm to salute the old man.

- I understand... but all has an explanation, and it's the result of a long line of events... And it all started with Miran Aslanbey's accident... - sensing Hazar had suddenly become tense, Abdullah, quickly added: - I'm sure you all remember that day and how it all affected you. It happens that I was nearby the place where it all happened and I testified and explosion and how someone tried to put that young man's life to an end.

- I'm sorry but... did you say «tried«? I don't quite follow... - Hazar interrupted.

- Indeed, I said «tried» because it was exactly what happened. I rescued Miran and I kept him safe and alive in a secret place, under a secret identity.

- But... that means he is alive? He is not dead? But that's not possible! We saw on the news, even my husband is being accused...

Abdullah smiled at Zehra's question:

- He is alive. He was kept under medical care the last months until we came to Istanbul, for him to have a plastic surgery in his face... he was left with some pretty nasty scars and injuries, after the accident and he needed another sort of care that we could only find in here.

- You say someone tried to kill him. Who would have interest in doing so? My father?

- No. This wasn't no Sadoglu's doing...