WEDDING

April 16, 2004

Journal,

She’s very beautiful while walking down the aisle. I can see the happiness in her eyes as she looked ahead. I can see people looking at her with awe. I can’t blame them especially now that I can look at her from where I stand. Freya, she will always be the girl I love. Finally, I can see her happy. Masaya din ako na nakikita siyang Masaya.

When she reached the end of the aisle, she looked at me with those lovely pair of eyes and in those bright eyes I can see pure love and happiness. She mouthed the words thank you. I can’t help but to hold her hands and kissed them…and hand them to the man she’s going to marry.

She will always be my Freya. My best friend, my first love and I don’t think I can love other girl than her. I watched them exchange their vows and kissed to seal their marriage for lifetime. Masaya ako. Kahit na nasasaktan sa nasasaksihan ko. Masokista ba ako?

Nung nasa reception na kami di ko mapigilang lapitan siya. Nung pagkakataon na iyon gusto ko ng sabihin na minahal ko siya at minamahal pa rin. Pero wala. Wala na talaga. She’s happily married.

Di ko makakalimutan iyong sinabi niya:

“Cielo, my always best friend! Salamata talaga at nagpunta ka.”

She kissed me on the cheeks like she always did whenever she said her thanks to me. I hugged her tight. I want to stop time right there and then. I wanted her to be mine. But I can’t because I am a coward.

I handed her my gift for them and said my good-bye. One thing I can’t tell…is that I still love her…and will always love her…

I walked away not looking back. I can see confusion in her eyes before I turn to leave. But I didn’t pay too much attention to that look. I just turned away…

And tears started to fall.

Always,

JC