ENGAGED

April 2, 2004

Dear Diary,

I’m getting married. Not to the man I always want to have but to the man my parents chose for me. It was suffocating and so hard for me to accept. I don’t want to get married to someone I don’t even love. But fate just won’t let me run to my responsibilities to my family.

After college graduation, madalang nalang kami magkausap ni Cielo. He didn’t even bother to text or call me if I wasn’t the one to call him first. I miss him so much it hurts. I miss his smiles and voice. I miss his twinkling bright eyes whenever we talked.

My plan of getting him jealous is not a good idea after all. I just sent him away. I just made him realize what the real score between us is. For now, I want to hug him tight and tell him that I don’t want to get married with someone I barely know.

I actually sent him an invitation. I know where he lives and I would like to give it to him personally if it wasn’t for my urge to kiss him and stay by his side forever. If he would come to my wedding, God knows what else I could do that day. But one thing is for sure, I will be the happiest bride ever…hindi dahil ikakasal ako, kundi nandoon yung taong gustung-gusto kong makita.

I love him. To the moon and back.

Freya